Date: November 11, 2023
Weather: Cloudy, 45 degrees, 79% humidity
PAX: Mickelson (War Baby), Lynda, Sugarcake, Rabbit, Flat Rate (War Baby), Picker, Ozone, Viagra, Brisket, Wojo (QIC), oh and Speed Bump (Flat Rate’s doggo)
The “Weekly Acceleration” is a pre-written F3 beatdown FROM F3 Foundation FOR the F3 PAX. During F3’s annual fundraising campaign, Accelerate, a total of FOUR (4) 3rd F themed workout will be made available October 16 thru November 12 – one each week. Think of the “Weekly Acceleration” like Iron PAX Challenge + a charitable component. Each beatdown will focus on the CHARITABLE IMPACT F3 is having across the country by highlighting a project supported financially by F3 Foundation, but DRIVEN ENTIRELY by local PAX to change lives! For F3 Greensboro, think about the work we did with Beyond Sports and the their “Recess in a Bag” project (which we did on our own with the money we raised for Pushups for Playgrounds) and Miracle Grow’s PDY&F Community Garden, which received an F3 Foundation Invigoration Grant last year. Check out the wonderful PDY&F video here: https://youtu.be/I1o8IjabBx8
Today’s workout for the F3 Greensboro #MyLittlePony PAX…
F3 Houston: H-Town Beatdown
Welcome + Disclaimer: Cobains for not bringing you a Wojo original this morning, but I wanted to feature this week’s “Weekly Acceleration” workout from F3 Foundation and emphasize the great work being done in F3 regions around the country! Today’s beatdown is inspired by the men of F3 Houston and their work with Prestige Learning Institute (PLI), a nonprofit that works to educate, equip and minister to immigrant and refugee families through programs designed to meet the unique needs of each family member. The PAX of F3 Houston have developed a long-standing relationship with the Afghan men served by PLI. Many of these men served the US Military, as interpreters, during the War in Afghanistan. A former intelligence operative and current Houston PAX, named “F3 Whisper”, was hunted by the Taliban and had to seek political asylum in the United States. F3 Houston works with PLI to help these men assimilate to American culture after they obtain a Special Immigrant Visa (SIV).
As today is Veteran’s Day, this workout and 3rd F priority was a no brainer!
At around 7:05 am (The Dash boys apparently view the 7 am start as a suggestion), I welcomed everyone, provided the F3 Mission statement, and emphasized the importance of modifying as needed, but to put in the work.
With that we moseyed around the side parking lot and over to the front parking lot, where we circled up in front of Mendenhall’s front steps for the…
- The Motivator (count down from 10)
- Imperial Walkers X 10 IC
- Sungods X 10 IC (forwards and backwards)
- Don Quixotes X 10 IC
- String Rippers X 10 IC
- Copperhead Squats X 10 IC
Mosey to the end of the front parking lot to the side property hill to begin…
Thang Part 1 – Jacob’s Ladder
Start at bottom of hill with 1 merkin, then mosey to the top of the hill for 6 squats. Return to the bottom of the hill for 2 merkins, then back up for 5 squats, and then repeato until PAX completed 6 merkins at the bottom and 1 squat at the top. Plank for the 6.
Mosey from the hill and around to the field at the back of the school for…
Thang Part 2 – The H-Town Beatdown: 4-3 Corners (43 representing the 43 years of modern resettlement program). Four corners marked with cones, three exercises at each corner. 35 reps per corner, representing the 35.3 million refugees globally). Pax decides whether exercises are single count or IC.
- Corner 1: Merkins x 15, Bobby Hurleys x 10, LBCs x 10
- Corner 2: Squats x 15, American Hammers x 10, Carolina Dry Dock x 10
- Corner 3: Freddie Mercuries x 15, Peter Parkers x 10, Lunges x 10 (2=1)
- Corner 4: Burpees x 15, Bonnie Blairs x 10, Flutter Kicks x 10 (2=1)
We stayed together as a group, rotated calling exercises and each Pax calling the exercises decided how we would count them. We completed 4 rounds before YHC called Omaha.
As we headed back toward the parking lot and ran by the small brick wall in the courtyard, YHC called ‘Omaha’ for a quick workout speedbump.
Thang Speedbump – Small wall work
- 20 dips
- 10 derkins
- 10 dips
- 10 derkins
Mosey to the parking lot to get some final ab work in…
- Box Cutters X 10 (IC)
- Over Unders X 10 (IC)
- Crunchy Frogs X 10 (IC)
- American Hammers X 10 (IC)
Moleskin & Announcements
- Great work everyone! It was fun to all stay together and it is easy to see that the Dash-Pax here at #MyLittlePony have a special bond. I was able to mostly quiet the #mumblechatter, but a few PAX members chatted throughout the workout, which was great.
- Today was a Site Q Swap with YHC here at the Dash and Stryker Qing at the Nightmare. It is always fun to mix things up and get to Q in another location.
- We got four rounds of the 4 Corners in, which meant 60 burpees = #snotwaggle
- Today’s workout highlights the work of F3 Foundation, the charitable arm of F3 to support the mission and fund grants for regions of the nation. The annual Accelerate Campaign is the way to fund more projects like the one in Houston that “F3 Whisper” a part of. Prestige Learning Institute (PLI) serves the refugee community of Houston. 85% of PLI’s clients are Afghans who help serve the US during the war. It embodies watching the six, and leaving no man behind. Your donation to the Accelerate program of F3 Foundation serves the 3rd F function: a belief in something unseen and outside of yourself. Help F3 increase community impact opportunities like this by donating to the campaign. Link to share in backblast: https://givebutter.com/accelerate-2023
- Be sure to thank any Veteran you know/see for their service. It’s important to remember the sacrifices that have been made for our freedom!
- Coffeeteria and breakfast to follow at Brown Gardiner, where we met JLove, Cheddar, and Crab Cake who did not post today, but wanted to still get some 2nd F time in. The 2nd F spirit is really strong with the Dash boys and BG is a classic Greensboro ’08 venue. Well done, boys.
Appreciate the opportunity!