- Wednesday October 11, 2023
- Local Honey Salon’s parking lot – Commerce Place
- 54° F, 83% RH
Pax (8 with the Q)
Drysdale (Respect!), Don’tChaKnow (Respect!), Wojo (Respect!), Double Check (Respect!), Bobby Knight, Lynda (Respect!), Buttons (Respect!)
No FNG’s present.
F3 Mission was stated.
Disclaimer was disclaimed followed by a little explanation of today’s plan. I had to give a shoutout to our man Wojo, following his recent participation in GTE (GrowRuck) 40 in Savannah GA. I wanted the pax to know today’s beatdown was the Hero WOD the GTE pax crushed after 11 HOURS of pain and suffering under the log and other Implements of Woe. Good on ya boys!
SSH x 20 IC
Imperia Walkers x 15 IC
Chinooks x 15 IC
Moroccan Nightclubs x 15 IC
As time was of the essence this morning and YHC wanted to get in a good 30 minutes of work while still allowing time for us to make it to Panera to hear Wojo’s AAR about his GTE experience, we headed to the end of the parking lot where YHC had some cinderblocks and coupons set up for:
The THANG (Extortion 17 Hero WOD)
It is named Extortion 17 after the call sign of a US military Chinook helicopter that was shot down in Afghanistan on August 6, 2011. 30 American servicemen, one US military working dog, 7 Afghan National Army soldiers and one Afghan civilian interpreter were killed in the crash, making this the single greatest loss of life to Naval Special Warfare since the beginning of the Afghan War. 15 of those killed were members of Seal Team Six’s Gold Squadron.
We divided into two-man teams. T1 began AMRAP of three exercises while T2 grabbed a coupon and moved as quickly as possible to the end of the parking lot and back. YHC paced it off for an approximate distance of 400 meters Upon T2’s return they flip-flop.
The exercises were:
8 Cinderblock Thrusters
11 Lateral Jumps – over the cinder block if you chose, or just flat on the ground to avoid potential injury from tripping over the blocks.
The pax were encouraged to grab a different coupon each trip, as we had several to sample:
40# & 60# sandbags
10#, 20# & 30# ruck plates (I had announced to a few of the pax to bring their plates so we had plenty)
5-gallon Jerry can (full of water) We named this one The Equalizer because it humbles you!
The workout is supposed to last 38 minutes to honor the 38 lives lost but we cut it to 30 due to time constraints.
I queued up a little Stick Figure on my Bluetooth speaker to lighten the mood. A little reggae to remind us of Jamaica mon!
At 6:09ish we called OMAHA and skipped Mary due to time constraints.
- Houlihan’s son recently had an emergency appendectomy.
- Drysdale has a coworker Cathy who needs prayers. In the hospital in need of a transfusion and has a rare blood type so blood is being flown in.
- Bobby Knight’s daughter still having headaches from her concussion.
- 9-year anniversary coming up Saturday Oct 21. Convergence planned plus maybe some other surprises that week.
- Reach out to pax that haven’t been around lately.
- MacGyver having hip trouble and not able to post.
- Bobby Knight mentioned the Women’s Soccer Team from Guilford College is getting some blowback and heckling from the recent incident where some GC students (not players) made some racist remarks to a visiting team.
YHC took us out in a ball of man. As we closed out I said I’ve noticed our region is a bit flat lately and am asking myself “What am I doing to invigorate my AO or my region? Am I doing enough? I asked the pax to ask the same of themselves. What more can we do?
- Always good to visit Local Honey and enjoy that 0532 start. Those 2 extra minutes of sleep really help!
Radiator – out!