- Wednesday July 19, 2023
- 74º – humid from the start, overcast – thanks Canada!
Ricola, Fannie, Big Papi, Finkle, Sugar Cake – R, Scooby Doo – R, Gilligan, Xerox – R, Radiator – R, Wojo – R, Sacked – R, STP – R, Phoenix – R, Rameses, Ozone – R, Jitterbug – R, Bones, Bruce Lee – QIC
We began our morning with an affirmation of the one singular mission of F3:
The Mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership
YHC shared the appropriate disclaimers and with no FNGs present the Pax engaged in their various forms of work: bootcamp, Murph, Run, Ruck. The tales of the bootcamp follow.
We moseyed down to the park entrance gate where we circled up for:
- The Motivator x 7
- Sun Gods x 10 IC, Chinooks x 10 IC , Sun Gods (reverse) x 10 IC, Cherry Pickers x 10 IC
- Abe Vigodas x 10 IC
- String Rippers x 10 IC
- Runners Stretch R & L
- Merkins x 20
YHC pointed out the cone stations proximate to our WAR and listed off the prescribed exercises, providing a demonstration where necessary. We then assembled at the next closest parking berm (apprx 100 yards) where I laid out the workout. Start at the berm with 1 Burpee, increasing the count by 1 for each time you come back to the start, then proceed to the cone that corresponds to the round you are on (round 1/cone 1; round 2/cone 2). Once you’ve completed the work at the prescribed cone, run to the gate at the entrance to the park, tap the gate, run back to the start, perform the corresponding amount of Burpees and then to the next cone
- Cone 1 T-Bar Merkins SC
- Cone 2 T-Bar Merkins SC, Lt. Dans SC
- Cone 3 T-Bar Merkins SC, Lt. Dans SC, LBCs IC
- Cone 4 T-Bar Merkins SC, Lt. Dans SC, LBCs IC, Carolina Dry Docks SC
- Cone 5 T-Bar Merkins SC, Lt. Dans SC, LBCs IC, Carolina Dry Docks SC, Star Jumps SC
- Cone 6 T-Bar Merkins SC, Lt. Dans SC, LBCs IC, Carolina Dry Docks SC, Star Jumps SC, Gas Pumps IC
- Cone 7 T-Bar Merkins SC, Lt. Dans SC, LBCs IC, Carolina Dry Docks SC, Star Jumps SC, Gas Pumps IC, Alternating Shoulder Taps IC
- Cone 8 T-Bar Merkins SC, Lt. Dans SC, LBCs IC, Carolina Dry Docks SC, Star Jumps SC, Gas Pumps IC, Alternating Shoulder Taps IC, Turkish Get-Ups IC
- Cone 9: T-Bar Merkins SC, Lt. Dans SC, LBCs IC, Carolina Dry Docks SC, Star Jumps SC, Gas Pumps IC, Alternating Shoulder Taps IC, Turkish Get-Ups IC, Crunchy Frogs IC
The Pax gave great effort, chipping away at cone 6 or 7 when OMAHA was called. A quick collection of supplies and a 10 count later and we were moseying back to the shovel flag for:
- Box Cutter x 15 IC
- Cindy Crawfords x 10 IC each side
- American Hammer x 20 IC
Some details will be redacted for the sake of the T in the COT, topics and appropriate specifics include:
- Weed – look for GSO – NA (Facebook…or Pax member) for possible Go Fund Me to help out one of his loved ones in need.
- Silicone – recent health diagnosis – Pray for him and reach out to support.
- Rameses – needing wisdom and discernment in caring for aging parents; if you have insights, reach out to him to help.
- Coffeteria – CoffeeTalk at Panera following
- Q spots – help meet these needs: Nattys Hump, Monday AOs, Wakanda on 7/22
YHC took us out – with the thought about being a gatekeeper; while a gate does establish a boundary it does permit things to move in and out: just like our thoughts, actions, words, tongue. Let’s be thoughtful, discerning, curious, generous, vigilant gatekeepers. Our lives and the lives of those around us will benefit from that greatly.