Date: June 26, 2023
Weather: Party Cloudy, 69 degrees, 86% humidity
PAX: Bootcampers (14) – Matlock, Finkle, Haz-Mat, Sir Charles, Huffy, Footloose, Big Sky, Ozone, Etch-a-Sketch, Crash, Paddleboat, Double Check, Lynda, Wojo (QIC); Walkers (2) – Bulldog, Nails
A strong and pretty large group of men showed up this Monday morning to #getbetter. The Crater is a great AO with a lot of varied terrain to cover. I had been promising Nails to get on the Q sheet, which you should too!
I began with welcome, the F3 Mission statement and disclaimer while a few stragglers rolled in at 5:31. We began the first two exercises at the flag while our late arrivals got situated.
- SSH X 10 (IC)
- Imperial Walker X 10 (IC)
- Mosey from Shovel Flag to second intersection
- Hillbillies X 10 (IC)
- Sun Gods X 10 (IC) – Forward, Chinooks, Backward, Wonder Woman
- Abe Vigoda Don Quixote X 10 (IC)
- String Rippers X 10 (IC)
- Lucky 7s
Native American Run from intersection to the top of the back bus lot near the door to the school
THANG – The F3 Deck of Death
- Clubs = Core
- Hearts = Cardio
- Spades = Legs
- Diamonds = Upper Body
- Card # = # + 10 reps
- Royal/Face Cards = 25 reps
- Aces = 100 reps
Pax took turns choosing a card and then announcing and leading said exercise. It’s always good work work in a little #QSchool into a Monday morning. YHC also asked for a recitation of F3’s 5 Core Principles, which the pax crushed!
Here are the exercises we did (not in the correct order):
- Lunge Walk 100m
- 15 Hand Release Merkins
- 12 Bulgarian Split Squats
- 25 Shoulder Taps (IC)
- 25 Diamond Merkins
- 100 M (ish) Karoke
- Spring 300 M
- Cindy Crawford/Oblique Crunch (15 each side)
- 16 Wide Merkins (Werkins)
- 18 Backward Lunge
- 90 second High Plank
- 20 Low Dollies (IC)
- 13 Wojo Squats
- 30 M (ish) Bear Crawl
- 25 Freddie Mercury (IC)
- 17 Lil Baby Crunch (LBC)
- 100 Flutter Kicks
- 100 M (ish) Backward Run
- 15 Standing Lunge
At 6:07, time was called and we moseyed back to the shovel flag, circling back for the Six along the way.
- American Hammers X 12 (IC)
Announcements & Moleskin:
- Great seeing such a big group today. Thanks for showing up and for doing the work today.
- Welcome Back Kotters to Footloose, Paddleboat and Sir Charles. Bulldog, glad you were out as part of your recovery and thanks to Nails for walking with you and demonstrating our Credo: “Leave no man behind and no man where you find him.”
- Congratulations to Sir Charles on his new good in IT at Goodwill Winston-Salem!
- Potential for severe weather this afternoon/evening – watch the skies and take care of yourselves and your families!
- F3 Camp Hike Trip is July 14-16 – please sign up if you are going to attend. Now is the time!
- Smurf starts July 1 and goes through August – 24 Murphs in 2 months (3 per week). Let Matlock know if you will participate so you can ‘earn’ your shirt.
- Nails needs Qs for this AO – please sign up. Next week (July 3) is covered, but slots are open after.
- Coffeeteria after workout at Highwoods Starbucks.
Big Sky took us out. TClaps brother!