Date: February 22, 2023
Weather: 47 degrees with a slight breeze (in February!)
PAX: Bootcampers (16): CJ, Ozone, One & Done, Doublecheck, Butt Fumble, Amicus, Settlement, South Shore, Sugar Cake, Scooby Doo, Hall Pass, Viagra, Big Papi, Ricola, Blowout, Wojo (QIC); Ruckers (8): Snowflake, Gunny, Bones, STP, Sacked, Snookie, Puddles, Phoenix; Runners (4): Xerox, Gilligan, JLove, White Lightening
28 of #Natville’s finest met at F3 Greensboro’s @NattysHump to take their daily red pill and start the day by getting better. While 12 chose to ruck or run, 16 HIMs chose to rev their engines (#hardthing) and the bootcamp with YHC. And as the NASCAR season starts in the second half of February, what better workout thang to roll out than The DAYTONA 500!
Who would be today’s Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., Joey Logano and Christopher Bell? Would there be a crash in the tri-oval or the back stretch? After stating the mission & disclaimer, it was time to go.
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity…let’s go racing boys! (thanks Darryl Waltrip)
- 10 Burpees OYO (#attentiongrabber #crowdpleaser)
Mosey from shovel flag to main parking area by soccer fields
- Side Straddle Hop IC x 15
- Tiefighter Sun Gods IC x 10 (forward) (note: tiefighters are Sun Gods in lunge position)
- Tiefighter Chinooks IC X 10
- Tiefighter Morrocan Night Clubs IC X 10 (switch legs)
- Tiefighter Sun Gods IC X 10 (backward)
- String Rippers IC X 15
- Abe Vigoda Windmills IC X 15
- Imperial Walkers IC X 15
The Daytona 500
Superspeedway Track (aka big parking lot oval)
500 total reps & 5 long laps
- Squats X 20 OYO
- Turkish Getups X 20 OYO (#crowdpleaser)
- Overhead Claps (squatted) X 20 OYO
- Crunches (LBCs) X 20 OYO
- Knerkins (aka Chuck Norris merkins in honor of Ricky Bobby’s sons Walker and Texas Ranger, aka TR) X 20 OYO
- Run a long lap
- Repeato set 5x for a total of 500 reps and 5 laps
Pick up the six as they finish their last set of reps and final lap
Mosey to the Short Track Oval (in front of Stoner White Field)
PAX split into 4 groups, with each group deploying to a corner cone. Perform the first exercise IC at their cone, then rotate to the next cone to perform the second exercise IC, etc. Due to time constraints, we did 10 reps IC at each cone
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Air Squared (Al Gore with overhead claps)
- Russian Twists
- Smurf Jacks
Being out of time, OMAHA was called and we moseyed back to shovel flag. Jailbreak was called for last 200 yards in honor or Reece Bobb – IF YOU AIN’T FIRST, YOU’RE LAST!
- American Hammer IC X 15
Announcements, COT & NMM
- Great work by the bootcampers today. As Q, I have to say how much I enjoy hearing the collective groans of the PAX when calling the burpee mini slaughter starter
- The real #crowdpleaser was when the PAX realized they would be doing 100 Turkish Getups, which just plain suck. And I know there are at least 2 of us who have the raspberries to prove just how fun they were. #funishment
- Was really pleased to see how everyone pushed to finish the Superbowl of Racing today – there were no flat tires or blown engines (as far as I know). Everyone finished both the Superspeedway and Short Track reps. We get better when we do hard things, right?
- South Shore wins the award today for best ride – classic muscle car just now street ready! Thanks for working hard today!
- Always good to see Viagra posting during the week. Great effort brother.
- Tomorrow (Thursday) at Inkwell – semi convergence for the 3rd annual 2.23 Maud Run to commemorate the murder of Ahmaud Arbery. We’re still seeing too many instances where men of color are not safe when they run. Nomex & Boy Wonder co-Q/organizers. 0530 launch
- Xerox 2nd F/3rd F at Panera this morning. Topic: “Life is short, and every moment in precious”
- 1st 2023 Community Housing Solutions service project is set for Saturday, March 11. Be there – many hands make light work.
Always an honor to Q – thanks for the opportunity!