Date: January 11, 2023
Weather: 36 degrees and clear skies – perfect workout weather!
PAX: Hakuna Matata, Detention, Tesla, Explosion, Belsnickel (War Baby), CJ, Dumpster, Wojo (QIC & War Daddy)
A small, but committed group showed up and showed out at Slammin’ Sammy’s Smackdown this morning. And today’s group trended younger, which a R.E.S.P.E.C.T guy like me loves to see. I love the energy and speed you younger boys bring!
As we are still in January, today I repeated the message on the burdens we carry and how F3 is a “NO OYO” safe place. All any of us need to do is ask for help and we’re there and usually in big numbers. So today’s workout was about sharing those burdens throughout the workout.
YHC welcomed everyone, provided the F3 Mission Statement, disclaimer and Credo and the PAX recited the 5 core principles.
With that done it was time to get started right on the basketball court.
- SSH X 12 (IC)
- Goof Balls X 12 (IC)
- Imperial Walker/Stormtrooper X 12 (IC)
- Tie Fighters X 12 (IC) – forward & backward, alternating lunges
- Mosey from basketball court to the end of the running/walking path on Ashland Dr.
- Windmills (Abe Vigoda style) X 10 IC
- String Rippers X 10 IC
Part 1 – Hill Sprints – sprint up Ardale Place from Ashland Drive intersection (Repeato X 3)
(the PAX LOVED this #funishment and it was good to see the competition for the 2nd & 3rd sprints)
Part 2 – Four Station Burden Carry: 5-man team preferred, but four stations with 8 guys led to necessary modification. #MATH! Guys mostly rotated in pairs and some guys rotated two stations at a time to make sure a guy didn’t stay at any one station too long. Each Pax at a station performed AMRAP exercises of the first listed exercise, until relieved. When leaving the station, PAX picked took the DRAGO ball (the team’s BURDEN) and rifle carried it from the first station to the station 2 and relieved that teammate. Team member at station 2 rifle carried burden to station 3, etc. Continue and rotate stations and AMRAP exercises until time called at 6:07.
Station 1 (at end of parking lot near the garden and light pole) – ARMS/CHEST
- Scorpion Dry Docks
- Merkin Jacks
- Chuck Norris Merkins (Knerkins)
- Hand Release Merkins
Station 2 (near church, at sidewalk) – ABS
- Heels to Heaven
- Freddie Mercury
- Box Cutters
- Crunchy Frogs
Station 3 (end of parking area near church entrance at the benches) – LEGS
- Box Jumps/Step-Ups
- Bulgarian Split Squats
- Spiced Rum Squats
- Tie Fighters
Station 4 (near parking lot exit to Ardale Place – CARDIO
- Side Straddle Hops
- Ski/Line Jumps
- Bobby Hurleys
- Mountain Climbers
Time was called, we grouped the coupons, cones and lights together, then moseyed back to the shovel flag.
- Over Unders X 10 (IC)
- LBCs X 10 (IC)
- American Hammers X 10 (IC)
Announcements and Moleskin:
- Several upcoming opportunities to push yourself in 2023:
- New Year 2023 Ruck on Friday, January 13 – 20.23 miles launching at 20:23 pm (8:23 pm). Join for some great 1st & 2nd Sign up with Tommy Boy
- Nordikanda Run on Saturday, January 28 – F3 Greensboro & Northern Alliance Convergence – Run from Nordic Track to Wakanda (18 miles) or choose 12 or 6 mile options. Sign up with Guiding Light; still time to sign up and get a shirt
- Coffeeteria Convergence at Special Blend, Saturday, January 28 (we’ll double check if we do this the same day as Nordikanda)
- Nice work, Hakuna Matata, for taking over as Site Q and checking all the boxes on your first day – you showed up with the shovel flag AND had hot coffee ready for the post workout coffeeteria! Awesome!
- Good meeting you Dumpster (or is it Dumpsta’)! Hope you will continue to post, even after leg day!
- Detention – always awesome to work out with you. As we discussed, its time for your VQ! Love that you are ALL IN on F3. We need more guys coming out in their 30s (#hate) and 20s (#hatehate).
- YHC has to own a couple of Q fails today – first, I didn’t work you hard enough. The rotations didn’t push us enough and the exercises weren’t hard enough. Too focused on hitting the entire body instead of just crushing the PAX (more sprints). Second, your Q needed to adapt the stations to fit the numbers two teams of 4 rotating through 3 stations would have been much better #MATH. I’ll get you back next month when I Q again. #PROMISE
- YHC took us out in a ball of man – thanks for the opportunity to lead.