Date: January 5, 2022
Weather: 55 degrees with patchy fog and calm winds
PAX: Buttons, Drysdale, Poehler, Saban, Ozone, Flo Jo, Piglet (F3 Cape Fear), Ricardo, Wojo (QIC)
It’s a new year and a new day, which is another opportunity to get better! And what a solid group of men who gathered in the gloom this morning to #GetBetter and #DoTheHardThing.
With this solid group of F3 veterans, YHC launched directly into the mission statement and appropriate disclaimer, emphasizing that today’s effort will be a full body workout and to modify and adapt as needed. #ListenToYourBody
We began with a mosey from front of school to south end of parking lot and back up to the shovel flag
- The Motivator (Count Down from 5)
- Imperial Walker X 10 IC
- Sun Gods X 10 IC (forward and reverse)
- Chinooks X 10 IC
- Don Quixote (Abe Vigoda style) X 10 IC
- String Rippers X 10 IC
Mosey from Warm up to the large parking lot below the tennis courts for the main event.
Part I – The Dirty MacDeuce (5 sets of 3 exercises – arms/chest, legs, abs – all 12 reps – follow by a parking lot mosey)
- Set 1: Hand Release Merkins, Air Squats (IC), Over Unders (IC) – run lap
- Set 2 : Booyah Merkins (IC), Lunges (IC), LBCs (IC) – run lap
- Set 3: Burpees (OYO), Monkey Humpers (IC), LSFs (IC) – run lap
- Set 4: Ranger Merkins, Bobby Hurleys (IC), Makhtar Ndiayes (IC) – run lap
- Set 5: Carolina Dry Docks (IC), Wojo Squats (IC), Crunchy Frogs (IC) – run lap
Standing 1o Count Recovery, then move to the first cone at the near lower corner of the parking lot
Part II – Four Corner Escalator
- Corner/Cone 1: 10 Burpees OYO, then Sprint up to corner/cone 2
- Corner/Cone 2: 10 Burpees OYO, 20 Merkins, then Bear Crawl/Lunge Walk to corner/cone 3
- Corner/Cone 3: 10 Burpees OYO, 20 Merkins, 40 Squat Jumps (most modified to Squats), then spring down to corner/cone 4
- Corner/Cone 4: 10 Burpees OYO, 20 Merkins, 40 Squat Jumps, 80 SSH, then Bear Crawl/Lunge Walk to corner/cone 1
We finished Corner/Cone 3, but were out of time. YHC called SSH X 20 IC, then we collected the cones/instructions and moseyed back to the shovel flag.
- Freddie Mercury X 12 IC
- High Dolly X 12 IC
- Cindy Crawford X 12 IC (right ride, then left side)
- American Hammers X 12 IC
Moleskin & Announcements:
- Solid work with reps and 1.3 miles of running covered. Special TClaps to Piglet (F3 Cape Fear) for continuing to post with us when you are in Natville for work.
- Buttons, you got after it today as you lead nearly every sprint during the workout. Way to set the pace!
- Saban, Drysdale and Ricardo – TClaps for following through your HC/SC made at the HDHH special Snakes-on-a-Plane sendoff last evening.
- Appreciative of all PAX for taking their turn during the Dirty MacDeuce to call cadence. #SharedLeadership
- As we begin a new year, it can be both physically and mentally tough to jump back into the gloom with both feet. I’m working to get back to the level I want to and I appreciate your collective push!
- Piglet announced that F3 Cape Fear will host a Grow Ruck Event around Veterans Day (November). The team is already meeting to plan and prepare for this event. Editorial Note: this is the only F3 Grow Ruck event planned for NC in 2023. Let’s get a good group from #Natville to attend
- Saban announced that HazMat is the Q tomorrow at Uptown Funk as part of his 8th F3 anniversary week. Editorial Note (again): Wojo on the Q at Lunatic Fringe
- Prayers for Cathy as she battles health issues and for the PAX who are grieving, on IR and/or are battling other issues and hardships.
- Coffee at Caribou at Friendly Center
YHC Took us out, ball of man style.
Thanks for the opportunity – it is always an honor and privilege to lead!