- Thursday October 13, 2022
- 0530 – 0615
- 64º F, moist
Wojo – RESPECT, Oil Slick, Drifter, Crash – RESPECT, Don’t Cha Know – RESPECT, Bloomer, STP – RESPECT, Fannie, Annie Oakley, Bushwood, Hakuna Matata, Gekko, 50cc – RESPECT, Phoenix – RESPECT, Tommy Boy, Bruce Lee – QiC
We began our morning with an affirmation of the one singular mission of F3:
The Mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership
YHC shared the appropriate disclaimers and with no FNGs present we stayed in the circle proximate the shovel flag for:
- The Motivator starting at 7 and working our way down from there
- Sun Gods x 12 IC, Chinooks x 12 IC, Sun Gods (reverse) x 12 IC, Cherry Pickers x 12 IC
- a little Hug-Thy-Self to recover
- Abe Vigoda (long count) x 12 IC,
- String Rippers x 12 IC
- Runners Stretch R & L
- Merkins x 20 on my down
With that we were warmed up for:
Pax Rucked Up, grabbed their sandbag of choice and we moseyed over to the West side of the deck where we would make good use of the ramp provided there. YHC walked the Pax through the prescribed exercises listed on the Weinke and we got to work.
- Sandbag Toss up to the stop sign, recover mosey back to the beginning
- Front Rack Lunge Walk to the stop sign, recover mosey back to the beginning
- Flutter Kick w/sandbag held overhead x 40IC
- Overhead Carry up to the stop sign and back
- Underhand Toss (Kettlebell style) up to the stop sign, recover mosey back to the beginning Sandbag over the Should Toss up to the stop sign, recover mosey back to the beginning
- Squat (rucked and racked) x 40
- Bearcrawl up to the stop sign, recover mosey back to the beginning
Omaha was called with most all Pax tossing over the shoulder or squatting. Good timing and good times were had by all. We made our way back to the shovel flag for a quick 10 count then grabbed some concrete for:
Box Cutters x 20 IC
LBCs x 20 IC
American Hammer x 20 IC
8 Year F3 Greensboro Convergence this Saturday October 15 7-8am at Inkwell (Smith High School) coffee on site afterwards; then a Blessing of the AO with a site clean up after coffee; then a planting of the trees serving opp at Grimsley High afterwards
Tommy Boy provided an update on the gifts of $25K total to Beyond Sports to provide Physical Education support and supplies to Title 1 schools across Guilford County! Great job HIM!
YHC took us out acknowledging the attitude and effort displayed by all men today -the two things we can control in any circumstance. I especially needed the draw of the Pax to get me out today, so I am thankful for the way they positively impacted me, just by knowing they would be out there this morning. Great job men!
Moleskin apologies for the Fia soundtrack spilling into our workzone. I’ll work to remember to provide a counter playlist for my future Qs.
Good to see Phoenix and STP, fresh off of their GrowRuck experience and them both providing encouragement and insights to future HIM attending…Bloomer in Wash DC in March!!! Is there another?