Hobble & Gobble
- Thursday September 1, 2022
- Level P3 of parking garage at K&W Cafeteria, Northline Ave.
- 36º 05’ 21.84” N, 79º 49’ 51.93” W
- 65° F, 81% RH
Pax (11 with the Q including 2 splinter ruckers)
3 Card Monte, Phoenix (Respect!), Stretch (Respect!), Don’tChaKNow (Respect!), STP (Respect!), Tommy Boy, Wojo (Respect!), Sugar Cake.
No FNG’s present.
F3 Mission was stated.
Disclaimer was disclaimed followed by encouragement to give maximum effort. Push through the pain!
SSH x 16 IC
Sun Gods x 10 IC
Sun Gods Reverse x 10 IC
Imperial Walkers x 15 IC
String Rippers with clap x 15 IC
Ruck to the back side of the parking garage at the hill for:
The plan today is to do the following exercises at the base of the hill. Pax were free to choose the order. The count was OYO. Perform one exercise to failure or until you broke form then grab a coupon and ruck to the top of the hill for 20 Mountain Climbers in cadence (with ruck). Grab your coupon and ruck it back to the bottom of the hill. Pick another exercise from the list and perform it until failure or you broke your form. Back up to the top with coupon…20 Mountain Climbers…back down with coupon….rinse and repeat. For some variety and an added degree of difficulty, I brought some logs and jerry cans filled with water.
- Bent over row
- Sit-ups with sandbag or ruck
- Hold sandbag overhead
- Overhead press
- Sandbag swing
- Sandbag curls
- Flutter kicks – ruck or coupon overhead
We started out with some classic rock tunes then switched over to metal when they started playing Rod Stewart. Tommy Boy expressed mild displeasure because I failed to queue up some classic Taylor Swift tunes. To this I say: When you’re the Q, you can pick your playlist. Until then, shut up and ruck!
At 6:10 we called OMAHA and headed back to the shovel flag for:
Mary (abbreviated due to time constraints)
- American Hammer x 10 IC
- Phoenix, STP and Don’tChaknow are planning an off-road ruck on Sunday. Meetup at 6am to clown car to the trailhead. See Phoenix for details. Planning to hit up Biscuitville on the way home, post-ruck.
- Convergence on Labor Day 0700 at Oak Ridge Town Park
YHC took us out, preceded by a reminder that the 3rd F is Faith – but that does not mean you have to have any particular religious affiliation to be a member. We welcome all men!
Several pax recently lost loved ones or friends. Remember life is precious and fleeting. Make the most of every day!
- STP & Don’tChaKnow, thanks for the opportunity to lead this morning. Thanks as well for your leadership as Site Q’s.
- 3 Card Monte, good to see you this morning! Glad to have you back in the gloom!
- Happy Birthday Stretch! 55 years young today!
- Tommy Boy, no workout is complete without your mumblechatter! Since I’m old and can’t hear, I have no idea what you’re saying most of the time but I still appreciate you brother!
- Wojo & Phoenix, thanks for the help loading the coupons.
- Poehler, my condolences on the loss of your mother. Sounds like she lived a good long life. For everything there is a time and a season. Let us know if we can do anything for you or your family.
- Gekko, enjoy the game on Saturday! Go Mountaineers! Beat those Heels!
- Sugar Cake, good to see you this morning as well brother! Thanks for coming out for my Q.
It was an honor to lead. Radiator – out!