Date: August 10, 2022
Weather: 73 degrees, 93% humidity = SCHWETTY
PAX: Bootcampers (14): Houlihan, Ozone, City Slicker, Blue Oyster, Butt Fumble, Silicone, Ricola, Big Papi (War Baby), Venus, Drizzle, Double Check, Fanny Pack, Sacked, Mud Flap (War Daddy), Wojo (QIC); Splinter Runners (3): Norwood, Schnitzel & Long Time; Splinter Ruckers (2): Radiator & Phoenix; Murph (1): Jitterbug
The hot & humidity continued this morning, but that didn’t prevent a strong group of 20 PAX from rolling into the friendly confines of Jaycee/Country Park for this week’s offering of Natty’s Hump. While it is always customary to have splinters at the Hump, YHC was happy to see a large majority were ready to take their Daily Red Pill via Wojo’s Bootcamp! And while I usually try to bring a fresh workout to the PAX, I decided it was time for the every-other-year offering of the Wojo Full Body 1600. To quote Denzel Washington as Coach Herman Boone in Remember the Titans, the 1600 is “like Novocain. Just give it time, it always works.”
With only veteran PAX in attendance today, I offered the F3 mission statement but also acknowledged a recent concern that Qs were counting cadence too fast at times and promised to keep that in mind today. I also encouraged the campers to listen to their body and modify as needed. We then moseyed from the shovel flag to the church graveyard parking lot for the Warm-O-Rama.
- SSH X 15 (IC)
- Imperial Walkers X 15 (IC)
- Sun Gods (forward) X 15 (IC) – hold
- Chinooks X 15 (IC) – hold
- Reverse Chinooks X 15 (IC) – hold
- Sun Gods (reverse) X 15 (IC)
- Don Quixote (Abe Vigoda Style) X 15 (IC)
- String Rippers X 15 (IC)
- Lucky 7s – regular merkins, werkins, diamond merkins (on my ‘down’)
Following the warm up, the PAX formed two lines for Double Applesauce Native American Run to the Country Park gate area for the…
THANG: The WOJO Full Body 1600
PAX were instructed to partner up & work together on each exercise – 1 runs a lap around lower parking lot medians while the other works. Flap Jack! No pacing – better to push it during both the exercise and running portions and have to rest at flap jack than to pace and not get as good of a workout. Listen to your body, but it is good to push. This is supposed to be hard! Keep going (repeato) until time is called – get in as much as you can!
|100||Carolina Dry Docks||Shoulders|
|200||American Hammers – single count||Abs|
|100||Werkins (Wide Grip Merkins)||Chest|
|100||Lunge / Jump Lunge – single count||Legs|
|200||Freddie Mercuries (Bicycle) – single ct||Abs|
While no one ever gets through the 1600, we did not get as deep into the exercises as we usually do which was my fault for a slower and more extended WAR. Most teams got into the Jump Squat set and at least one team got pretty deep into American Hammers. The PAX didn’t seem to mind as all looked SMOKED when I called ‘Omaha’ at 6:07. We then moseyed back toward the shovel flag with strong encouragement to pick up the pace for the last 150 yards or so.
Total running: 2.34 miles
- Over Unders X 10 IC
- American Hammers X 5 IC
Naked Man Moleskin & Announcements
- Great work by the bootcamp 14 today. You all were encouraged to safely push yourselves with full (real) reps and then to push the run. This workout is purposefully hard.
- In particular, I was very impressed with Big Papi and Houlihan, who were racing (or at least were really pushing themselves) during the run.
- Kudos to Houlihan and Blue Oyster this morning for their EC ruck before the bootcamp.
- Venus, good to see you at the Hump this morning. Glad you are making it around to more AOs.
- City Slicker, glad you are back out. It was good to see you pushing as well today.
- Xerox continues the discussion on faith walk this morning at Panera, Lawndale. 0630-7 am
- Kudos to F3 Greensboro PAX for Saturday’s Blood Drive – 26 pints collected. A little down from our usual numbers, but still really impactful!
- F3 Greensboro Golf Tournament on Friday – Huffy has enough volunteers. Hope to see a bunch of you guys there!
Always and honor and privilege to lead. Thanks for the opportunity!