- Saturday July 9, 2022
- 0700 – 0800
- 70º F, warm and humid
Square, Houlihan, Whitewater, Nomex, Root, Akron, Saban, John Coctostan, 3 for 1, HBO, City Slicker – RESPECT, Flo Jo, I Am Legend – RESPECT, Bruce Lee – QIC
We began our morning with an affirmation of the one singular mission of F3:
The Mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership
YHC shared the appropriate disclaimers. With a couple cars still rolling in we took a quick loop clock-wise around the Dudley circle drive and made sure no Pax was left behind. We then moseyed to the parking lot across from Lincoln Academy for:
- Pax lined up on one end of the parking lot and did high-knees halfway down the parking lot, switching to butt-kickers for the remaining half. Then came back with a little Karaoke, switching directions half-way back. We then circled up for:
- The Motivator starting at 5
- Sun Gods x 15 IC, Chinooks x 15 IC, Sun Gods (reverse) x 15 IC, we held arms out while affirming the 5 core principles of F3. This veteran Pax nailed them all
- Hug Thy Self
- Abe Vigodas x 10 IC
- String Rippers x 10 IC
- Plank – into Runner’s Stretch each side
- Plank Jacks x 15 IC
With a quick warmarama complete we moseyed to the edge of the hill leading down to the practice football field. The Pax lined up and instructions were laid out for: in to the park and circled up at the top of the hill by the pavilion for:
The Thang, part 1
11s, 1 exercise at the top of the hill, 10 exercises at the bottom of the hill, then run backwards back up the hill and repeat 2, 9; 3, 8, etc until complete. The exercises at the top of the hill: Star Jumps. The exercise at the bottom of the hill: Monkey Humpers. These, combined with the reverse hill run were a crowd pleaser for the legs!
The Pax planked up until all had accomplished this portion of the Thang and then two 10 counts later, we moseyed to the upper entrance of the football stadium for:
The Thang, part 2
The Pax paired up. The pairs would make their way in opposite directions around the circle, and when they met up, they would perform an exercise, then complete their way back to the starting point by running. They would then do the next movement/exercise combo and repeat this pattern for the remainder of the Thang. Each time they completed the set of three movements/exercises they would double the count for the exercise starting at 2, then 4, then 8, 16, 32, and so on.
The movement/exercise combos were:
Bearcrawl – Merkin
Lunge Walk – Squat
Toy Soldier – LBC
Sweat rolled as great effort was displayed by all Pax. Grinding away at this one was best accomplished through the encouragement of others. YHC particularly appreciated the mumble-chatter around the 40-45 minute mark pointing out the time…yes, plenty of time to still work!
OMAHA was called once one of the pairs completed the third full-set and we moseyed back to the shovel flag for:
Box Cutters x 20 IC
Freddy Mercury’s x 20 IC
American Hammers x 20 IC
- Nomex invited Pax out to the Dan River tubing event with Grace Community Church (open to all men and 2.0 friendly) https://gracegso.org/events/mens-tubing-on-the-dan-river/
- F3 Camp Hike Trip July 22-24, more info here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WFClfykJE5Q7HkVahPo07eWyv709Wbu4/view?usp=sharing
- Tuesday 6pm – dinner at Leblon – hit up Radiator to give him an accurate count
- Tuesday 9pm – guys getting together to watch Thor – hit up Nomex for more details on that
- TClaps to those signed up for a Q slot, we have HBO’s VQ coming up on 8/20/22 (then need a Q for 8/27, hit up City Slicker to get on the Q sheet and lead!
- John C – exhorted the Pax to reach out to guys you haven’t seen in a while and look for ways to get them involved.
- YHC took us out by taking a moment to look at the man to your right and to you left and consider what they might have going on in their lives – what might be going on behind those eyes. May that help up to be more empathetic, compassionate, and encouraging to those we call brother, then to those we call neighbor, and even…to those we might consider to be the ‘other’ or even an enemy. Let us consider one another and make a difference in our community accordingly.
- Houlihan – thanks for providing some additional fun details on Whitewater and his M. Check out this little segment on the news on hos this HIM is impacting our community positively: https://myfox8.com/news/north-carolina/greensboro/married-couple-provides-nursing-care-at-cone-health-always-had-a-heart-for-people/