Weather: 69 degrees – hello summer humidity!
PAX: Short Squeeze (War Baby), Saban, HazMat (Co-War Daddy), Picasso (Co-War Daddy), John Coctostan, Stella, Guiding Light, City Slicker, Wojo (QIC)
YHC always looks forward to Qing in a new place, so I was excited about this morning’s effort. The question at 5;15 am was how many PAX would show up, and whether Inkwell is a 0530 hard start or more of a 0532(ish) launch. At least for today it was the latter as John Coctostan, Saban and City Slicker all rolled in HOT!
So…at 0533ish, YHC called the 9 ready and willing PAX to order, stated the mission, core principles, credo and disclaimer, while also offering a special shout out to Picasso on his triumphant return to #Natville.
With all the formalities covered, we moseyed from parking lot gathering area south to bottom of front parking lot and around the median.
- Motivator (count down from 7)
- Imperial Walker x 12 IC
- Sun Gods X 12 IC (forward & reverse)
- Chinooks X 12 IC
- Moroccan Night Clubs X 12 IC
- Abe Vigoda Windmills X 12 IC
- String Rippers X 12 IC
- Mountain Climbers X 12 IC
YHC loves the shock and awe of the Motivator start, especially when followed by a good shoulder burner. There was the appropriate mumble chatter, which is always good! #Crowdpleaser
Very short mosey from W-O-R to cone near school front entrance.
Jacob’s Ladder (11s)
- 1 merkin, sprint up hill to 2nd cone for 10 LBCs, then mosey back to first cone
- Repeato, adding 1 merkin and substracting 1 LBC until PAX achieves 10 merkins and 1 LBC
- Pick up the 6
Native American Run from first cone to big parking area below tennis courts
Four Corners – Pax divided into 3 groups of 3, and adjourned to stations 1, 2 & 3
- Station 1 – Drago Balls (10-15 reps/exercise)
- Squat Thrusters w/ Ball
- Squatted Curls
- Drago Ball Swings
- Skull Crushers/Back Scratchers
Sprint to Station 2 together
- Station 2 (2o reps each exercise)
- Jump Squats
- Over Unders (IC)
- SSH (IC)
Bear Crawl to Station 3 as a group
- Station 3 (20 reps each exercise)
- Burpees (10 only)
- Monkey Humpers (IC)
- Freddie Mercury (IC)
- Goof Balls (IC)
Run Backwards to Station 3 together
- Station 4 (20 reps each exercise)
- Diamond Merkins
- Reverse Lunges (10/leg)
- LBCs (IC)
- Bobby Hurleys (10/side)
Crawl Bear to Station 1 as a group
Rotate through stations, performing one exercise at each, then moving to next station in the prescribed way until time called. We all made it through 3 of the 4 rotations, although there was not a lot of bear crawling and crawl bearing at the end…
Mosey back to the shovel flag.
- American Hammers X 12 IC
Announcements & Naked Man Moleskin
- There is so much going on in the coming weeks that YHC needed a Weinke just for all the #Natville announcements!
- 5 year anniversary of Closing Time is tonight with the current and all former Site Qs on the Q. Launch at 7 pm, with 2nd F location TBA.
- Freed to Lead Version 2 book study launches Friday for 7 weeks at 0630 at Battleground Super Starbucks. Bodette is the Q (TClaps Bodette)
- Community Housing Solutions spring F3 Greensboro project, deck staining, is Saturday. Check Slack and Twitter and/or Don’t Cha Know or Stryker for details.
- Juneteenth Star Course Ruck or Run at 5, 11, and 26 miles distances on Saturday, June 18. Register online through Twitter, Slack or this week’s Shenanigans
- Jabberwocky triple Murph launches from Jesse Wharton Elementary on Saturday, June 18.
- F3 Greensboro 7th annual Camp Hike Trip, July 22-24 at Grandfather Mountain Campground. Registration is now open for 100 spots.
- Summer F3 Greensboro Blood Drive – Saturday, August 6(?). Details to come.
- 1st annual F3 Greensboro Golf Tournament to support Servant’s Center on Friday, August 12. Sponsors still needed. Sign ups coming soon.
- #Kotters to Picasso for posting today. He was a hard commit for a week and worked hard despite a recent battle with COVID. Post workout coffeeteria at Caribou Coffee at Friendly Center.
- Good to see fellow neighbors Short Squeeze and Stella in the Gloom today. Solid work gentlemen!
- TClaps to everyone for working hard. This workout, particularly the Four Corners, really smacked us (at least it smacked me!)
- Thanks for City Slicker for taking us out this morning.
As always, it was an honor and a privilege to Q. Thanks for posting!