Date: April 23, 2022
PAX: Red Dragon, Jiggawatt, Foot Fairy, Kaizen, TPS, Hall Pass, Short Squeeze, Crawlspace and Eggplant.
YHC arrived early to position weinkes and coupons around the track and was greeted by EC ruckers: Red Dragon, TPS, Foot Fairy and Kaizen. Good to have company setting up in the gloom. Beautiful morning to post and at go time we were 9 strong. YHC gave the mission and disclaimer and led warm-a-rama at the shovel flag.
- SSH 20 IC
- Imperial Walker 10 IC
- Hillbillies 10 IC
- String-Ripper 15 IC
- Windmill (respect-style) 10 IC
- Copperhead Squats 15 IC
- Sun-gods forward 15 IC
- Sun-gods backward 15 IC
The pax warmed, we moseyed along the fire road around the back of the school and up to the track for:
Four stations were set up around the track each with a weinke and a coupon (40lb sandbag and sets of dumbells 10lb, 15lb and 20lb). The first time around the track we were doing Squats, Merkins and WWII sit-ups. 10ea at the first station and then each station increased by an increment of 10, so that at the fourth station the pax was doing 40 of each exercise.
The first person done at each station won the coupon and had to transport it to the next station, however, the same person was not to carry the same coupon twice in a row. If you finished a station and there was an available coupon that you did not just carry, the coupon was yours.
At the end of the first round, the pax were instructed to take a lap and restart at station 1, and turn over the weinke. Round 2 was the same format, however, the exercises were Lunges, Carolina Dry Docks, and Crunchy Frogs.
Footnote: the format worked pretty well, however, planned it for 4-6 pax. With 9, the coupons tended to stay just with the fastest 4-5 pax.
Upon completion of round 2, Omaha was called and the coupons were collected into the wheel barrow YHC had brought to distribute coupons for:
The pax lined up to do a leap frog run around the track, with the pace runner pushing the weighted wheel barrow. After completion of a lap, there was still plenty of time so YHC called for a 2nd lap. This is where things started to go awry. The sugar rays started to have a lot of fun pushing the wheel barrow faster and faster. Foot Fairy tried to explode my heart by outpacing with the wheel barrow while I tried to catch him. Crawlspace took the wheel barrow after me and finished lap 2 with an all out sprint to finish the lap and head back to the shovel for:
Back at the shovel, YHC was thoroughly smoked, so it was a mixture of pax led and Q led Mary.
- TPS – Monkey Humpers 15 IC
- Freddy Mercuries, Foghat Style 15IC
- Low Slow Flutters 10 IC
- Low Dollys 10 IC
- Short Squeeze – LBCs 15 IC
- TPS – Spicey Pickle-Pushers 15 IC
- American Hammer 10 IC
TPS took us out with a great message on the value of home, however you define it.
- The Gloomfather said that YHC needed to note that Red Dragon should get a DNF since he had to leave the workout. He listened to the disclaimer and modified up to and including leaving the workout. RD is a great example as YHC would typically skip a beatdown if other plans interfere, but he came out for EC and fellowship and left when he needed.
- Short Squeeze is new to this AO. Great to see you there. Hope you enjoyed expanding your beatdown horizon and working with pax you may not have met before. Great training for the upcoming Natville Challenge perhaps?
- T-claps to the site Q, Hallpass, for EHing me to Q this morning and all of the work you put into the AO
- Appreciate all of the pax who came out this morning. A lot of laughter and fellowship made the work much easier. Love you, brothers.