Hobble & Gobble
- Thursday, February 24, 2022
- 36.08807° N, 79.83391° W
- 52 °F, 81% humidity
Philly Special, Oil Slick, Sugar Cake, Scratch (RESPECT!), Gecko, Double Pump, Akron, Don’t Cha Know (RESPECT!), Drifter, STP (RESPECT!), Annie Oakley, Tommy Boy
YHC got the call around 3:15 yesterday afternoon that H&G needed a substi-Q, thought about for 3-5 seconds and gave the thumbs up. I love this AO and the #funishment it provides… it demands maximum effort and one cannot hide within the work. That ruck and that sandbag aren’t moving unless you move them.
After setting the traps, calling the pax to order, and dispensing the mission statement & disclaimer, it was time for the…
- Front Leaning Rest
- Merkins x 3 (simply to gain the full attention of the pax- when in charge, take charge)
- Front Leaning Rest
Pinpoint anything in your mind that is stealing your attention from being 100% present. Put it in an imaginery box for the next 45 minutes. Be here with your brothers and prepare to work.
In order to loosen up, we took a ruck around the AO’s lower level then back up to collect our sandbags and move on to…
*This beatdown is GFY certified
- Ruck Swings x 25
- Coupon Clean & Press (to fail or 10 reps, whichever comes first)
- Ruck Squat x 25
Choose A Cash Out
- Sandbag Burpee x 5
- Man Maker x 10 (body weight)
Ruck a Lap @ Speed and, upon returning to the station:
Choose A Buy-In
- Yes/No/Maybe x 10 ea. I.C.
- Overhead Ruck Carry @ 100 yards out/back
To add stress to the mix, CiT Akron did what he has trained to do; apply stress to the pax in order to see what they’re capable of. “No one cares what you can do when you’re fresh.”
Rinse & Repeat until time is called.
At 0610 we returned to the shovel flag for…
- Low Slow Flutter x 20 IC
- American Hammer x 20 IC
- Akron- #tclaps for the added “spice” this morning. #yeast
- Double Pump– great to have you back out with the pax; I always enjoy your motivation.
- Don’t Cha Know & Scratch– no matter what I said earlier, you’re both studs in my book.
- Philly Special– proud to see you putting in the work. Oil Slick is a great dad; you’ve trained him well, young buck.
- Annie Oakley– looking forward to next week’s VQ. I predict record attendence. You’ll crush it.
- Sugar Cake– glad you’re a regular at H&G; guys get better b/c of your athentic way of investing in them
- Gecko & Drifter– saw you two putting in the real work with those overhead carries; way to conquer the task!
- STP– looking forward to the Revolution Ruck. Tclaps for coordinating the opportunity for F3.
- Blood Drive 2/26– The need is real! The drive is this Saturday. Visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter the code “F3” to locate this Saturday’s drive to reserve your spot. #FreedToBleed
- Revolution Ruck 3/12– More details coming from STP but for now, know that we’ll launch from Jamestown and retrace a 12-mile route similar to what the British marched on their way to battle General Nathanael Greene and his men.
- GORUCK Selma 3/19– The Selma to Montgomery marches were three protests held in March 1965, along the 54-mile highway from Selma, Alabama. Join in for any portion of the three 18-mile loops around Natville. More details to follow. Interested in a commemorative patch? Click HERE
Men- it’s been said a thousand times and it’s always from the heart; you are each a gift to the lives of many. Thanks for pouring into one another and making this community a better place for all. Keep up the good work.
Grace & Peace,
Thomas the Boy