- Thursday February 17, 2022
- 1900 to 1945 hours
- Jaycee Park at Spencer Love Tennis Center
- 66° F, 75% RH
Pax (26 with the Q)
Schnitzel (Respect!), Eggplant (Respect!), Flo, The King, Raptor, Roblox, Kilowatt (Respect!), Stryker, Fore (Respect!), Gridlock (Respect!), Mugsy, Don’tChaKnow (Respect!), Flat Rate (Respect!), MacGyver, Snow White (Respect!), Tommy Boy, Expired (Respect!), Crash (Respect!), Apollo, Water boy, J-Woww, Chase, Redline, Windmill, (Respect!), Dortmund
1900 hours: The Pax were greeted and welcomed, no FNG’s were present, the Mission of F3 was expressed aloud and the disclaimer was discussed.
Slow mosey to the church parking lot
SSH x 15 IC
Imperial Walker x 16 IC (Just to see what would happen if we exceeded this AO’s rule of 15 reps max)
Chinooks x 10 IC
Chinooks in reverse x 10 IC
Abe Vigoda x 10
String Ripper x 15 IC (with a clap)
YHC did a little internet research to find out what is a Tabata circuit. Where did the name come from? Is there a right or wrong way to do it? My research revealed Tabata is a form of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). It was not invented by Dr. Tabata although his name became famous in relation to the “Tabata Protocol”, one form of high-intensity interval training. Dr. Tabata credits Olympic speed skating coach Koichi Irisawa with pioneering the technique, around 1996. The original “Tabata” workout should be 20 seconds of intense work followed by 10 seconds of rest, typically repeated for 4 minutes. YHC decided to give it a try. Here’s how it went:
Merkins 20 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest / continue for 4 minutes.
1 minute rest
Squats 20 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest / continue for 4 minutes
1 minute rest
Burpees (Crowd favorite) 20 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest / continue for 4 minutes
1 minute rest
Mountain Climbers 20 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest / continue for 4 minutes
1 minute rest + 10 count
At this point Omaha was called for a mosey back to the shovel flag for…….
6 Minutes of Mary
- Dying Cockroach x 15 IC
- Low Slow Flutters x 15 IC
- American Hammers x 15 IC
- Gridlock & The King are organizing a team for the March 19 Dash for Down Syndrome 5k. The team is F3 Closing Time.
- See The King’s Facebook page for more info and to register. (Mike Scoglio)
- Also, here’s a link: https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Greensboro/321DashforDowns
- Mile for Maud Sat Feb 19.
- Tommy Boy is organizing a 54-mile ruck in honor of the Selma to Montgomery Protest Marches, which took place in 1965. TB has mapped out an 18-mile loop around the city which they will walk 3 times, consecutively. See him for more details.
- Tommy Boy reminded everyone of his homework challenge to reach out to someone who has impacted you and tell them how that impact changed your life. TB thanked Kilowatt for reaching out to him back in the day.
Expired closed us out.
F3 stickers were handed out to anyone that wanted one following the workout. It’s YHC’s version of the participation medal.
Honored to lead! Radiator – out!