2/19/2022 – AO: Cornwallis Nightmare
22 PAX: Mugsy, Mudflap, Sir Isaac, Tetanus, Ozone, DQ, GoKu, Hazmat, Stretch, Knuckles, Drizzle (Splinter), Drysdale, Windmill, Xerox, Shocker, Schnitzel, Guiding Light, Bones, Wingman, Apollo, Wojo, Sacked – QIC
As the cars started to pull in it was evident it was going to be a great day at the Nightmare. Several experienced PAX who had not been out in awhile showed up and a couple of guys on IR or coming off IR showed up. Prior to the official welcome one of our PAX who has recently been fighting cancer came right up and said ” I got my results last night and…… I am cancer free.” After that it was all gravy. The cup was full and we hadn’t even started the beatdown.
With all gathered and ready we started promptly at 7:00 a.m. sharp with a welcome to all and review of the 5 core principles. The it was time to mosey to the center parking lot and circle up.
- Self Hugs x 15ic
- Imperial Walkers x 15ic
- Sun Gods x 10ic ea direction
- Hillbillies x 15ic
- Peter Parkers x 15ic
- String Rippers x 10ic
We then lined up in 3 lines and moseyed together up to the Lewis Center to start THANG 1
Partner up in pairs. Partner A would start the exercise while Partner B did Wall Sit or Balz2Walz alternating every other exercise.
Exercises – all performed to 20 reps. Cycled through all exercises 3 times.
- Step Ups
- Calf Raises
- Alabama Prom Dates
Mosey down to Safety Town Parking lot
Staying with the same partner. Partner A performed the exercise listed AMRAP while Partner B ran the 3 or 4 (EC) cone gasser course. Switched back and forth.
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Bobby Hurley’s
With time running tight we called on Omaha 2/3’s of the way through the list and moseyed back to the ShovelFlag.
- American Hammer x 20ic
- GrowRuck March 25-26 signup is still open and welcomes all PAX. If interested and have questions seek out Akron, Tommy Boy, STP, Don’t Cha Know, Earhart, City Slicker, Square, or Short Circuit for a first hand account.
- Feb 26 BLOOD DRIVE – still have open spots that need filling. See Shenanigans for the link
- March 12 – Q1 2022 COFFETERIA CONVERGENCE – at the SPECIAL BLEND
- April 30 – Saturday Convergence at Red Oak Brewery 10:30. a.m. More details to come.
- July 22 – 24 – 7th Annual Camp/Hike Trip – MARK THE DATE
COT – YHC took us out with assistance from Shocker – thank you Shocker
- TClaps to Schnitzel for getting hard commits from Apollo and Knuckles. Well done. Great seeing all those guys out in the gloom.
- TClaps to Drizzle getting his Splinter run early before heading out of town for business
- Great to see the recovering IR guys out and exercising in the gloom
- The mumble chatter centered around the 3 sets of Alabama Prom Dates was highly entertaining and questionable on many levels at the same time.
- 8 year old GoKu continues to amaze and get after it. Dad DQ has gone and gotten in fit shape and is knocking out the reps. TClaps to you both.
- Thanks Mud Flap for the great partnering today.
- As always Mugsy giving 100% on his reps. TClaps and thanks for the Q op.
- Too many additional observation to mention all here, but just an outstanding group and workout. TClaps to all of you.
As always an honor to lead, Sacked