The Pax: Socrates, Viagra (R), DQ, Shocker (R), Radiator (RR), Egg Plant (R), Jitter Bug (RR)
With an average age of 53, 8 PAX worked through a variety of exercise options with weights in 20 degree weather. Respect was in the air, including 2 PAX that are getting after it at 60+. DQ was there to represent the younger generation. The F3 mission statement and disclaimers were delivered. This is what followed:
Warm a rama
Imperial Walkers – 15IC
Sun Gods – 12IC each way
String rippers – 15IC
Windmills – 15IC
4 x 4 – 10 (although the Q had a very difficult time counting – blame it on the temperature)
The Pax paired off
Weights and coupons on the curb. Cones ~30ft away
Use weights or coupons for every exercise
Partner A at the weight station – one exercise at a time, AMRAP, until relieved
Partner B travels back and forth to the cone:
To get to the cone: PAX option – bear crawl/crab walk, forward or backward
At the cone: PAX option – 10 merkins (any variety) or 10 squats (any variety)
To get back to the weights: PAX Option – Lunge walk/Duck walk/LT. Dans
Overhead Tricep Extensions
Clean and Press
Single arm bent rows – alternate every 10 reps
Dips (weights across legs)
Flock of Sea Gulls
WWII Sit Ups
LSF Crunches 12IC
Homer Marge 10
American Hammers 10IC
- Keep PAX on the IR or MIA in your thoughts. Reach out. Connection is vital. Special shout out to Houlihan recovering from surgery. Radiator – TY for this reminder.
- #TClaps to Egg Plant and Radiator for getting in a lap around the lake before the no-run workout. Strong
- There was some discussion about Socrates’ winter attire or lack thereof. Most of it was not fit for publication.
- Viagra is a monster on bear crawls. One PAX described it as “drifting” on all fours.
- JB showed up a bit late – had to make sure he turned his burners off. Would have a been a demerit for our newest firefighter otherwise.
- Shocker – glad to have you and way to get after it.
- DQ – made the rest of us feel a little older. Great to have the spry generation in the gloom.
COT – YHC took us out. Thank you for the opportunity to lead.