Date: Friday, October 22, 2021
AO: Good News
Time: 0530 – 0615
Weather: 63°F, 95% R.H., cloudy
PAX (8): Bodett, Boy Wonder (RESPECT!), Snooki (RESPECT!), Drifter, Temple (RESPECT!), Nomex, Flo-Jo, Saban
YHC ignored one of the first Q rules coming in hot just in the nick of time to start the beatdown with minimal flak from the PAX. Perhaps YHC should have been in the Q school going on concurrently at Evangel. After saying the words and recognizing a group of salty vets (no FNGs), we moseyed off into the gloom…
- SSH x20 IC
- Abe Vigodas x15 IC >
- String Rippers x15 IC
- Sun Gods x 15 IC >
- Reverse Sun Gods x10 IC
- Hillbillies x10 IC
We then moseyed across Cone Boulevard to the Evangel parking lot for…
YHC plagiarized (err modified) a Nomex workout that took place at this same AO a month-ish earlier. We are calling it Pitstop for the time being. The covered area for unloading old folks, M’s, and children for church in the rain was designated the pit. PAX would run laps around the parking lot at their own pace. If a runner reaches the pit and no one is there, he may choose to continue running or do an exercise of his choice. If a runner reaches the pit while anyone is performing an exercise, he must stop and join in AMRAP until the initiator (pace car, if you will) decides “that’s enough of that” and begins a new lap. Below is a non-exhaustive list covering most of the exercises performed.
- Low Slow Flutter
- Plank Jacks
- Homer To Marge
- Thriller Side Lunges
- World War II Sit-ups
Running short on time, YHC turned to Snooki for his patented “that’s enough of that!”
We moseyed back to the shovel flag for…
- Heel Touches – Flo-Jo
- E2K – Boy Wonder
- Flutter Kicks – Snooki
- Freddy Mercurys – Bodett
- Dying Cockroaches – Nomex
- Cindy Crawfords – Drifter
- World War I Sit-ups – Temple
- American Hammers – Saban
COT and Announcements
- (Note if you are reading this backblast, all of these announced events are a month old at time of publication, but thanks for reading this backblast).
- W Market UMC church is collecting goods for Afghan refugees. Contact Etch-A-Sketch to help.
- Q school tomorrow at Cornwallis Nightmare. Get your learn on!
- Flo-Jo announces couples night out with sliders and s’mores at Grace Community Church.
- Cannonball half marathon tomorrow.
- YHC took us out.
- Nomex for inventing the Pitstop workout and attending this version.
- Bodett for site-Q’ing a great AO. YHC highly recommends PAX to pay a visit to Good News if they have not.
It was an honor to Q Good News for the first time!