Date: November 10, 2021
Weather: 47 degrees and clear – perfect fall bootcamp weather
Pax: Run – Xerox, Stick Shift, Fanny, Bushwood, Gekko; Ruck – Butt Fumble, Phoenix, Always Be Closing; Bootcamp – Silicone, Settlement, Graffiti, Humphrey Bogart, Bird’s Nest, Snookie, Amicus, Ricola, Jingles, Sacked, Wojo (QIC)
19 Total Pax met at Natty’s Hump for their daily #DRP. A great AO has something for everyone and so today we had our usual bootcamp crew with a group of 5 splinter runners and 3 splinter ruckers. All showed with the intent of getting better and being physically ready to attack the day.
Mission statement was given along with the usual disclaimer. Runners and ruckers were dismissed and the remaining 11 bootcampers moseyed to the parking area adjacent to the soccer fields to get warmed up for their #downpainment.
- SSH IC X 15
- IW IC X 15
- Sun Gods IC X 10 (forwards and backwards) – hold
- Chinooks IC X 10 (hold)
- Moroccan Night Club IC X 10
- Abe Vigoda Windmills IC X 10
- String Rippers IC X 10
Mosey to the Country Park gate for the…
THANG – THREE MAN GRINDER
Pax were split into two teams of four and 1 team of three. One or Two Pax at Station 1 (just on other side of Country Park gate) and the other 2 run to Station 2 (at T-intersection at bottom of hill) carrying a team DRAGO ball (you’re welcome). One of the Pax members stays at Station 2 and the other runs back up the hill to Station 1 with the DRAGO ball to relieve their teammate(s). Pax at each station perform exercise AMRAP until relieved.#CouponLove
- Crab Cakes
- Wojo Squats
- WWII Sit Ups
- Bonnie Blairs
- Low Slow Flutters
- Alternating Shoulder Taps
- Carolina Dry Docks
The combination of the number of exercises and distance between stations took the whole time plus! We finished the THANG running late and hustled back to the shovel flag for a quick round of
- American Hammers IC X 20
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND MOLESKIN
- Coffee Talk is back at Panera today – Stretch Q.
- F3 Gear order portals for shirts and new F3 Greensboro hat are open through Monday, November 15. Get your gear!
- Humphrey Bogart collecting fire extinguishers today, Saturday at Wakanda and Saturday at our F3 Greensboro quarterly service project for Afghan refugees who have come to Greensboro.
- Saturday Quarterly Service Project is 9 am to noon at World Relief Triad. Job is relocating warehouse supplies. Details and address in High Point is in Shenanigans.
- DRAGO balls were so much fun today that at least one group (Graffiti, Bird’s Nest) left their ball behind. Mumblechatter and ball shaming harassment followed. All exercises are suggestions, but that doesn’t mean there will not be consequences!
- YHC completely whiffed on the timing of the THANG today. Talk about not being in touch – I had a full four corners THANG 2 ready to go as soon as we finished the Three Man Grinder. The two THANGS together probably would have been too much for a Saturday workout. Oh well, time to get another DRAGO ball special on the Q sheet!
- Nice to see Bushwood, Fannie and Gekko step out of their comfort zones with a splinter run today. Great work!
- Good luck to Xerox & Stick Shift on Saturday’s Mt. Airy Half Marathon.
Thanks, as always for the opportunity to lead!