AO: Quaker Crater
Date: November 8, 2021
PAX: Yooper, Bulldog, Stickshift, Bobby Knight (splinter run), and Eggplant (R).
4 pax assembled by 5:30 am, but we were deep in conversation, so YHC missed the launch time as we watched Bobby Knight roll in and take off on his splinter run. At 5:32, YHC delivered the mission. Since we were already running late, dispensed with the disclaimer for this small group of salty veterans. We took at short mosey to the AO’s standard warm-a-rama spot for:
- Side-straddle hop 20 IC
- Windmill (slow) 10 IC
- String-ripper 10 IC (had intended on 15, but at 10 ½ YHC felt something pop)
- Sun-gods forward 15 IC
- Sun-gods backward 15 IC
- Chinooks 15 IC
- Hug Thyself
- Ring of fire-first time around doing one Merkin and adding a Merkin with each round for four rounds.
The pax warmed, we moseyed to the bus lot for:
Two rounds of Tabata, 45 seconds exercise and 15 second rest while listening to Pandora’s Classic Rock workout station in the background. YHC has not paid for the commercial free version, so cobains if any of the pax make questionable purchases because they were marketed to in a weakened state. The rounds were:
- WW2 sit up
- Hand Release Merkin
- Imperial Walkers
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Crunchy Frogs
- Mountain Climbers
Run to end of parking lot and back or Al Gore (Dealer’s Choice)
- Monkey Humpers
- Mike Tysons
- Bobby Hurleys
- WW1 Sit-ups
- Shoulder Taps
- Jump Squats
After completion we began the mosey back to the shovel flag stopping twice along the way to do stretches enroute. Once back at the shovel flag we were rejoined by Bobby Knight for:
- Stickshift-WW2 Freddy Mercuries 15IC
- Bulldog-Crunchy Frogs 15 IC
- Yooper-LBCs 15 IC
- Bobby Knight-Alternating Hip Dips 15 IC
- YHC-American Hammer 15 IC
Bobby Knight took us out.
- T-claps to Stickshift who was working through some pain, but modified as needed.
- The type of workout and small number of pax allowed for a lot of conversation. Enjoyed getting to know my brothers better.
- Great to be somewhere other than a family gathering that Abele is the most common name. Welcome Mike Abele, aka Yooper!
- Bulldog, thanks for always EHing for the 2nd
- Good luck to the pax taking on the Mayberry half this weekend.
- T-claps to Guiding Light who despite being on the IR met us for 2nd F and led a thoughtful conversation. Also, to Sacked who joined us after posting at some other AO.
Enjoyed being with these men in the gloom. Thank you for the opportunity to lead.