Weather: 72 degrees, 90 % humidity
AO: Rainbow Dash
PAX: Stryker, LYnda (War Daddy), Sugar Cake, Magnolia, Baby Bop, Bed Bug, Dre (War Baby), Cheddar, Wojo (QIC)
The couple of times I have been invited to Q here at the Dash, I’ve always made known that as a Mendenhall alumnus, this is an AO that is worthy of a much better name. So I always show up a little saltier than usual and I’ll always have a special #DRP #DownPAINment to deliver to the PAX.
I was not aware that this is AO also has fallen victim to the lazy 8:02 start. But the PAX did show, and all were both F3 & RD veterans. But there were also some NOTEABLE Pax who were missing today (more on that later)…
With everyone gathered (finally) by 08:02:30 (sigh!), the workout was introduced, F3 mission statement recited, and disclaimer offered.
We moseyed from the shovel flag to the Mustang patio for the…
- Side Straddle Hop X 15 IC
- Imperial Walkers X 15 IC
- Lucky 7s (merkins, werkins, diamond merkins)
- Sun Gods X 10 IC (forward & backward)
- Chinooks X 10 IC
- Don Quixote (Abe Vigoda Style) X 10 IC
- String Rippers X 10 IC
We moseyed up the sidewalk and before we headed to the athletic fields, we took advantage of the o-so super convenient picnic tables for a quick early THANG pit stop:
- Dips X 20
- Derkins X 20
- Step Ups X 10 (each leg)
With the PAX now primed and ready (literally chomping at the bit), we moseyed to the track/football field for the main event, the Lucky Horseshoe, which has only been run a few times here in #Natville, and is always a #crowdpleaser. This is a pyramid routine where exercises are added going up, then subtracted from the beginning as you go back down. #doesnotevenlookgoodonpaper
As motivation for the PAX today, YHC asked one simple question for the PAX to consider during today’s #snotwaggler = “Are you a Mustang or are you My Little Pony?” The effort and output would tell the story…
The Lucky Horseshoe
- Run 1 lap around track
- Merkins X 20
- Run 2nd lap
- Merkins X 20, Prisoner’s Squats X 20
- Run 3rd lap
- Merkins X 20, Prisoner’s Squats X 20, Scorpion Dry Docks X 20
- Run 4th lap
- Merkins X 20, Prisoner’s Squats X 20, Scorpion Dry Docks X 20, WWII Sit Ups X 20
- Run 5th lap
- Merkins X 20, Prisoner’s Squats X 20, Scorpion Dry Docks X 20, WWII Sit Ups X 20, Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 6th lap
- Prisoner’s Squats X 20, Scorpion Dry Docks X 20, WWII Sit Ups X 20, Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 7th lap
- Scorpion Dry Docks X 20, WWII Sit Ups X 20, Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 8th lap
- WWII Sit Ups X 20, Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 9th lap
- Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 10th lap (VICTORY LAP)
The humidity, the wet grass, the strong effort by all, and the mumblechatter (a lot today, incidentally, about the 1985 Super Bowl Shuffle Chicago Bears) led to a YHC bestowing the title of MUSTANG to all PAX. There is nothing fun or easy about this THANG, but we all got after it and GOT BETTER.
Following the Victory Lap, we left the track & field walked back around the “Private Property, Do Not Enter” sign and did a Native American Run mosey from the field gate around the front of the school, dodging the GCS maintenance/landscaping trucks, to the shovel flag.
Total Run Distance: 2.56 miles (per Wojo’s GARMIN); 100 reps of each Lucky Horseshoe exercise.
- Low Slow Flutter X 10 IC
- Freddie Mercuries X 10 IC
- American Hammer X 10 IC
Stryker, Site Q extraordinaire, took us out
Naked Man Moleskin, Announcements and Prayer Requests:
- YHC was very impressed with the work today during the Lucky Horseshoe and ALL PAX earned Mustang status today, which was the goal.
- Notably missing were several regulars today – Expired, Rabbit, (Umm) Briskit, Simone, Bird’s Nest, Picker, Eye Roll, Flat Rate – to name several. I have to tell you, and I’ll add Matlock and Gilligan to this list as well… you guys are the My Little Ponies today. You can’t fartsack the Lucky Horseshoe and get away scot free!
- Magnolia, you are fast brother, and we would love to see you out in the gloom on days other than Saturday. Make that commitment to get up early and post as the camaraderie of the 2nd F is just as strong at 5:30 am during the week as it is on Saturday.
- I want to give a special TClaps to Dre, who NEVER. STOPPED. TODAY. He may be only 6, but he did the reps and all 10 of the runs and seemed to be pulling Dad (Cheddar) around. Awesome work!
- Baby Bop and Viagra put forth great effort as they have to be worn out as they finish up the Smurf.
- LYnda, I know it has been a while since you have been out, but you always bring it!
- It is always a good workout when Bed Bug is in the PAX. We all know he is a mumblechatter machine (and instigator). Thanks for making the drive over today, little bro! You’ve got Sugar Cake pumped about Deacon Football this season.
- I was not aware that both Stryker and Baby Bop are also Mendenhall alumni so it was fun to hear the names of some favorite teachers, notably Mrs. J (English), Coach Johnson (gym & football), Mrs. Byrd (Math), Mr. Carelock, Mr. Sisk (History).
- Coffeeteria today at Delicious 0815 – be there!
- Iron Pax starts this week (week 0 workout drops tomorrow). Go to F3Greenwood.com to register and get ready to push yourself for 5 weeks!
- Labor Day Convergence workout will be at Latham Grinder with Boy Wonder & City Slicker on the Co-Q. Launch at 0600, but check Twitter & Slack to be sure.
- Prayer Requests:
- People of Afghanistan and US Military in country to complete the evacuation
- Bed Bug & YHC’s mom Sandra for her continued health issues
I think that will wrap this episode and the 4 Qs in 12 days set for YHC. Remember to work to be a Mustang, not My Little Pony. You’ll be better for it!
Always an honor & a privilege!