Date: August 24, 2021
Weather: 72 degrees & 90% humidity (again)
PAX: Scooby Doo, Airball, Xerox (War Daddy), Red Dragon, Flamingo, Mall Cop, Untouchable, Winnie the Pooh (War Baby), Wojo (QIC)
Not sure what I was doing signing up for 4 Qs in less than 2 weeks. Today’s Shake & Bake workout was 3 of 4 and another opportunity for us all to take our Daily Red Pill (#DRP) and get a little bit better. 9 Pax showed up today to do just that!
With our Site Q pulling in a little late today (est. 0532), YHC went ahead and began with the F3 mission statement only to be rudely interrupted by a plane flying directly over us. AIR RAID(!) was called, the PAX all dropped for 5 burpees and we began the…
- SSH X 10 IC
- Imperial Walker X 10 IC
Now that the Site Q and the Shovel Flag were both present, it was time to hit the track to continue warming up…
- 2 lap warm-up mosey (800m) with high knees, butt kickers and lateral shuffles (facing both directions) for about 200m
Today’s goal was to build endurance and speed with Interval Training.
Speed Interval: Run 400-meters at 80-85% effort level. This pace/effort should make you feel winded by the end and like you are going considerably faster than your regular running pace. You should not be able to talk at this speed as you run.
Recovery: Walk, Jog or run slowly for 400-meters for active recovery. This will allow you to catch your breath and reset before the next speed interval.
Repeat the speed interval-recovery cycle, alternating one recovery lap between each fast lap. We did 3 speed intervals and collected the six after the 3rd recovery lap to make sure we were not getting too spread out.Pax was given 3 10 counts, and we ran the same 3 400m speed intervals and recovery laps again. The six was collected just like at the end of interval/recovery #3.
Cooldown – Pax ran approximately 250 meters and, as time was running out, we returned to the parking lot/shovel flag
- Wide-Leg Hamstring Yoga Stretch X 10 seconds (2 times)
- Alternating Quad Stretch X 10 seconds
- Alternating Runners/Calf Stretch X 10 seconds
- American Hammers x 5 IC
Announcements, Prayer Requests and Naked Man Moleskin
- Sign Up for Iron Pax Challenge – Week 0 workout drops Monday, August 30. Find more information here. Need more F3 Greensboro representation.
- Tomorrow (Wednesday, 8/25) is the 4 year anniversary of the Death Star AO. Join for a special workout!
- Prayers – please continue to pray for Wojo & Bedbug’s mother, Sandra, who is back at Wellspring – prayers for healing, clear direction and grit to get better.
- Great work today by all – not a particularly fun workout, but track intervals are always good and really do help both endurance and speed. Airball, Mall Cop and Red Dragon were really pushing today, which pushed me to be better.
- Official Wojo distance today was 4.13 miles (Garmin Vivoactive 3) – Some got a little more and some a little less, but it was far beyond the 3 mile minimum Wojo approved distance.
- Good to see Untouchable and Winnie the Pooh out in the Gloom today – hope to get to know you both better at future workouts.
- Keep working to get better – strong running will make you better in ALL F3 workouts.
TClaps to Untouchable for taking us out today.
Always an honor and a privilege to Q. Thanks for the opportunity, Red Dragon!