Weather: 71 degrees, 95% humidity, DRY (yep, no. rain.)
PAX: Ozone, Black Knight, Bull Dog, Snookie (War Daddy), JZ, Sir Charles, Go Blue!, Ramses (War Baby), Wojo (QIC)
AO: Quaker Crater
I prepared for this morning like rain was a done deal, which was going to make this morning’s #downPAINment that much more effective (read: miserable) – even threw a Mel Gibson rain ‘punny’ GIF into my pre-blast on the Twitter. Alas, we all awoke to a mostly dry AO, albeit with OPPRESSIVE humidity (again). It was a late arriving but good group capped off with Snookie riding in just after 0530 on his trusty two-wheeler (and his helmet, for safety).
After stating the F3 Mission Statement and 5 Core Principles, it was time to get started. Bulldog ran around the school to complete his 16th Murph of the month (splinter style) but joined us later in the THANG for the last rotation Escalator rotation. We moseyed out the main drive, hung the traditional right turn and stopped at the “T” intersection to get loosened up.
- SSH X 15 (IC)
- Goofballs X 15 (IC)
- Imperial Walker X 15 (IC)
- Sun Gods X 15 (IC) – Forward & Reverse (sobriety style optional)
- Abe Vigoda X 12 (IC) – down for 3, up on 4
- String Rippers X 12 (IC) – also UP on 4 (gotta loosen up that lower back)
- Squatted Air Claps X 15 (IC)
Pax asked to fall in line for Native American Run from intersection to back bus parking lot and up the far left portion of the drive for the…
THANG – Wojo’s Full Body Escalator
- Down Escalator – Four Stations: Pax does a 20 count of exercise at each station (each island cut in) running between each as they ‘ride’ down the escalator.
- Station 1: Upper Body – Burpees, Carolina Dry Docks (IC), Hand Release Merkins
- Station 2: Lower Body – Squat Jumps, Lt. Dan, Monkey Humpers (IC)
- Station 3: Abs – Box Cutters (IC), Freddie Mercuries (IC), WWI Sit Ups
- Station 4: Cardio – Side Straddle Hops, Mountain Climbers (IC), High Knees (IC)
- Up Escalator: Pax does assigned exercise combination to ‘ride’ the escalator back up the hill.
- First ride up: Bear Crawl to cone, sprint the rest of the way
- Second ride up: Crab Walk to cone, backward run the rest of the way
- Third ride up: Crawl Bear to cone, sprint the rest of the way
- Repeato for three rounds, completing all 12 exercises on the ‘down’ side and the three exercise combinations on the ‘up’ side. Then pick up the six. Just a note, the first part of the ‘Up Escalator’ was 40-50 yards, uphill. #NoMumblechatter
With everyone at the top of Escalator Hill, YHC called for a little 60 Second Plank-0-Rama. Pax members counted off to 60 (and we didn’t lose count!)
Recovery Mosey back to Shovel Flag – the Six was not left behind!
American Hammers X 15 (IC)
COT – no announcements, just prayer requests (see below)
Naked Man Moleskin
- TClaps to Snookie coming out this morning after being with his family in NJ over the weekend for his father’s memorial service. Hang in there, brother, and way to grind it out today.
- Ramses made short work of the escalator – he could have lapped us if he had wanted to, but is being careful with his Cannonball 1/2 in October.
- Impressive work by Sir Charles today – dude pushed to exhaustion but never quit. And thank you for your support and kind words following COT.
- I said this during COT, but TClaps to Bulldog for both the Q-minder yesterday and for offering to take my Q due to what’s currently going on with my mother’s continued health deterioration.
- TClaps to Bobby Knight too (in absentia) as he offered as well and he wasn’t back in Natville until very late last night!
- Prayer Requests:
- People of Afghanistan – real tough situation with Taliban back in control.
- Black Knight‘s Son (a marine) – departing soon to Okinawa
- Snookie‘s nephew has not spoken to his mother (Snookie’s sister) in 5 years and did not attend Snookie’s dad’s and other recent family funerals.
- JZ‘s father is fighting Leukemia and it is now in his Bone Marrow – long term prognosis is not good.
- YHC’s mother (Sandra) has been at Cone hospital since last Thursday and continues to decline and has stated that she is done suffering. The weekend was really tough with wild swings for anger, sadness, and just being upset. Prayers for Sandra, Larry (dad), Bedbug, and me. I did not walk away from this morning’s Q because I NEED my F3 Community to get through times like this. And is it ever a great big ole’ shitburget, but you guys all make it easir and also boost me up. Thank you for that!
YHC closed us in prayer. Thanks for the opportunity to Q – always good to post here!
– Wojo (QIC)