Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Time: 0530 – 0615
Weather: 70°F, 70% R.H., cloudy
PAX (12): Icarus, Ozone, Root, Flo Jo, Pacer (RESPECT!), Thurmanator (RESPECT!), Ricardo, Huggies, Golden Corral, Nancy, Saban
12 men endured an Olympic inspired beatdown, wherein most exercises paid homage to Olympic sports/events. YHC had a difficult time finding the perfect spot for the beatdown, so we kicked off at 0532 (which is typical for Arise). YHC’s tardiness also turned the typical Arise mumblechatter up to 11. To make up lost time, disclaimer and mission given during Warm-A-Rama, which went something like this…
- Hillbillies x10 IC
- Runners Stretch (both legs) >
- Cobra Kai > (laying on stomach with palms on ground, extend arms arching and stretching your back)
- Peter Parkers x10 IC
- Sun Gods x10 IC >
- Reverse Sun Gods x10 IC
- Daniel-San (crane kick pose switching standing leg)
We then moseyed 800 meters to the Transplace (gold medalist Bruce Jenner would be proud) building for…
Four stations were set out around the parking lot. PAX were divided into teams with one member at each station performing each exercise AMRAP and one running between stations. The relieving team member was carrying a baton (15lb dumbbell), which would be passed on relay-style to the relieved team member. The station looked like this…
- Weightlifting (with blocks)
- Overhead Shoulder Presses
- Bench Press
- Box Jumps
- Broad Jumps
- Volleyball Spike Squats (similar to a Bobby Hurley except with volleyball spike motion at apex of jump)
- Star Jumps
- Nolan Ryans
- Gymnast Burpee (burpee with sassy gymnast finishing pose)
- Mike Tysons
- Sumo Squats
- Crunchy Frogs
- Freddy Mercurys
- Mountain Climbers
- Archer Merkins
After 3 rounds of each station, we were short on time…
We moseyed 800 meters back to the shovel flag for…
- Crunchy Frogs x10 IC
- Freddy Mercurys x10 IC
- American Hammer x15 IC
COT / Announcements
- Root announces his return to Arise (in case we didn’t notice him).
- Nancy is organizing a 2.0-friendly laser tag event on August 28th.
- Golden Corrall has a 5-year anniversary Q at Arise on August 10th.
- Ozone is Q for Slammin’ Sammie’s Smackdown tomorrow.
- Flo Jo invited everyone to help finish the greenhouse at Good News on the evening of August 4th.
- Root will be moving soon. He asks for prayers as well as some back labor.
- YHC reminded PAX to keep those on IR in their prayers and to reach out to those who haven’t posted in a while.
- YHC took us out.
- Thurmanator for a great finish pose on those gymnast burpees. YHC gives you a 10!
- Flo Jo for that amazing Olympic-ready race walk form. Someone has been practicing.
- Pacer for his mild reaction when Crunchy Frogs were chosen for Mary after he confided to YHC that he hates Crunchy Frogs when doing them during The Thang.
It was an honor to Q Arise for the first time. Hopefully, it will not be the last.