Date: July 31, 2021
Weather: Warm & humid with a slight breeze
PAX: Sacked, Boy Wonder, T.J. Hooker, Benz, John Coctostan, Bird’s Nest, FloJo, Nomex, Bruce Lee, Poehler, Root, Scooby Doo, Mall Cop, Wookie, Tommy Boy, Don’t Cha Know (War Daddy), Limp Bizkit, HBO, Settlement, Underdog (War Baby), Wojo (QIC)
There is nothing better than having a big event to plan a workout around, and for this last day in July, the Summer Olympics provided the perfect inspiration! And while the events and our 21 strong, chiseled F3 Greensboro athletes who chose to post at Wakanda probably more closely resembled the 3 Laff-A-Lympics teams than Team USA, we all gave it a good run and got better!
(And speaking of the Laff-A-Lympics, Dads, your 2.os would love watching the Scooby Doobies, the Yogi Yahooeys and Really Rottens compete for the gold, silver, and bronze medals. Check it out on Amazon and other services)
At 8 am, with a few late arriving PAX members still rolling in, YHC provided a warm welcome and F3 Mission Statement, while the PAX crushed a quick recitation of the 5 Core Principles and the Credo. With no FNGs in attendance, it was time to get after it!
We moseyed from the shovel flag in the circle to the right Lincoln MS parking lot
The PAX were informed that as of this morning Team USA had won 45 medals in the Summer Olympics
- SSH X 16 (IC) – number of Team USA Gold Medals
- Imperial Walker X 17 (IC) – number of Team USA Silver Medals
- Sun Gods X 12 (IC) both forward & backward – number of Team USA Bronze Medals
- Chinooks X 12 (IC)
- Abe Vigoda Windmills X 12 (IC – down for three, up on four)
- String Rippers X 12 (IC)
- Quick demonstration of new exercises for today’s THANG
- Floyd Mayweather
- Mike Tysons
- Rocky Balboa
- Heels to Heaven
- Plank Jacks X 12 (IC)
Native American Run from the parking lot to the entrance of the football stadium to pick up Drago balls and take them to high jump area of the track
THANG – F3 Greensboro Olympic Decathlon
Pax divides themselves into 3 teams of 4 and 1 team of 5
Thang 1 – The Drago Ball Mile Relay (Event 1)
One team member runs a lap carrying a baton, I mean, Drago ball while other three team members performed the following exercises. Nothing like a real #crowdpleaser for the first event!
- Runner 1 – Merkins
- Runner 2 – WWI sit ups
- Runner 3 – Squats
- Runner 4 – SSH
Thang 2 – Event Rotation – Teams rotate through event stations and then run a lap around the quad between each one. Teams/individuals choose rep counts of 10, 10, 20 or 20-20-20 for the 3 exercises at each station.
- Weightlifting (with Drago Balls) – Bent Over Row, Stagger Merkins (L,R =1), Thrusters
- High Jump – Irkins, Heels to Heaven, Derkins
- Basketball – Wojo Squats, Makhtar N’Diaye (IC), Bobby Hurleys (IC)
- Diving – Superman (10 secs), Bananas (10 secs) X 2; CDDs (20)
- Boxing – Mike Tysons, Floyd Mayweathers (IC), Rocky Balboas (IC)
- Triple Jump – Left Leg Step Ups, Right Leg Step Ups, Squat Jumps
- Artistic Gymnastics – American Hammer (IC), Star Jumps, Hip Dips (L, R = 1)
- Cycling – Penguin Crunches (IC), Mountain Climbers (IC), Freddie Mercuries (IC)
As we were getting short on time, I cut the lap with the teams a little over half way through. Following these events, Pax quickly moseyed to the lower parking lot for the final event.
Thang 3 – Swimming, aka the Water Balloon Relay (Event 10)
Pax divides into teams for a water balloon relay race. Two members of each team lateral slide 40 (ish) yards from starting cone/bucket to far cones tossing a water balloon back & forth. If the balloon breaks (and they all did at some point), members drop for 5 merkins then run back and tag the next two members. Pax alternated between Al Gore, SSH and Monkey Humpers while waiting for their turn.
For some reason, as Sacked and I ran to the finish after knocking out our merkins, the PAX threw the remaining water balloons at us. Apparently, I need to work them harder next time.
Now that we are past 8 am, mosey back to the shovel flag for MARY
- American Hammers X 16 (IC)
Announcements and Moleskin
- Great seeing everyone working hard and having fun today. It was good getting to know Benz today. Keep working hard brother and keep coming out!
- Wookie! Awesome seeing you run around the track with Tommy Boy’s weight vest. Who needs a Drago Ball when you can wear 20 lbs on your shoulders.
- We got through A LOT of exercises today and it was great to see PAX pushing themselves, choosing 20 reps when 10 was easier. That’s how we get stronger!
- Bruce Lee and Mall Cop always bring it, but they also were here early for some EC running. John Coctostan was also running in the parking lot before we got started. Thanks for your good work and for bringing the shovel flag!
- TClaps to Sacked for following through on his HC despite a long work trip on the west coast. Sorry you got pelted with water balloons for running the last leg of the relay with me. For the rest of you who threw balloons at us…you’re all fired! Just kidding, it was great fun!
- Several races are coming up to sign up for – there are F3 Greensboro teams for the Cannonball Run Half Marathon in October (Mall Cop, Boy Wonder, YHC and others are HCs) and Miles for Matthew in late September. Sign up or ping Mall Cop or Nancy with your questions.
- Randolph County (Archdale) region launch continues for the next 3 weeks. TClaps to Akron for Qing there this morning. Help F3 Greensboro Give It Away!
- Sacked reminded us that COVID-19 is not over and that there are some of our Pax members currently sick with the Delta Variant. Get vaccinated and do what you need to do to stay safe.
YHC took us out reminding us all to keep getting better each day!
Always an honor and privilege to Q!