PAX: Spurrier, Kevin, Barney, Percy, Cuffy, Black Swan, Dabo, FNG – Maguire (Curtis Peaslee), Patch, Udders, Eggplant, QIC – Sacked
On a beautiful F3 Hot Summer day the 11 Men listed above chose to join me at Oak Ridge Town Park for a beat down that would carry them into the afternoon feeling impactful. As we were gathering by the Shovelflag before the workout we were honored to be joined by FNG Curtis Peaslee now known as Maguire. With everyone present and on time we began sharply at noon. We reviewed the 5 core principles of an F3 workout, reviewed the mission statement, added a few introductory comments and a welcome to Maguire.
With the intro completed the PAX was directed towards some coupons we would be using for the workout (sandbag, dumbbells, and a cooler of water). With coupons collected we did a slow mosey across the fields into a clearing at the pond and circled up for the Warma
- Imperial Walkers x 15ic
- Peter Parkers x 15ic
- Sun Gods x 10ic each direction
We then headed over to a semi-shaded tree grove where the days Thang was already set up.
Todays workout was a Strength Training Clock. There were 12 exercises set up representing each hand of the clock. The count for reps was always called out by the person at 12 O’clock which was WW1 Sit-ups. The rep count for round 1 was 24 and for round 2 was 20.
- 12 O’clock – WW1 Sit-ups
- 1 O’clock – Merkins
- 2 O’clock – Monkey Humpers
- 3 O’clock – WW11 Sit-ups
- 4 O’clock – Curls 12 or 10 each side (with dumbbells)
- 5 O’clock – Bobby Hurley’s
- 6 O’clock – Pickle Pushers
- 7 O’clock – Overhead Press (with dumbbells)
- 8 O’clock – Squats (with 40lb sandbag)
- 9 O’clock – Homer/Marge
- 10 O’clock – Tricep Kickbacks
- 11 O’clock – Static Lunge
With time running tight we went ahead and completed Mary
- American Hammer x 20ic
With all coupons collected we moseyed back to the Shovelflag.
- Dabo – after every Wed IJL workout there is a 2ndF gathering at the Lowes Grocery Store just down the road. All R Welcome
- Udders – will be the Q tomorrow morning at Sweat Angel. His second ever Q at a non running workout.
- Udders – F3 Randolph County launch is this coming Saturday July 17. Gunny handling the first Q. Natville spreading the gift.
- Patch teed up Starmount Stampede for tomorrow morning and Eggplant plugged Closing Time tomorrow night. Both great options
- Patch – don’t forget to sign up for this Octobers F3 10 Year Anniversary event. October 8-10th weekend
- A big Natville welcome to our newest member, Maguire. Dude is stud triathlete and distance runner. Well done today Maguire.
- TClaps to Dabo and Black Swan on getting their EC run in the heat prior to the beat down. Well done!
- TClaps to this AO. When I pulled up in front of the shovelflag was a nice, professional sign planted in the ground detailing what F3 is, the day and time the workout occurs, and that all men are welcome. Love this approach. Great Job.
- Thanks Dabo for the opportunity to lead todays workout.
- TClaps Kevin – getting stronger every day. Keep pushing.
COT – YHC took us out.
As always it was an Honor. Aye, Sacked