- Friday July 9, 2020
- Meet at Children’s Museum parking lot – then moseyed to LeBauer Park
- 70° F, 94% RH
Pax (22 with the Q)
Hazmat (Respect!), Big Sky, Huggies, Drysdale (Respect!), LiteBrite, Bushwood, Blue Oyster (Respect!), Lynda, Eye Roll, Houlihan, Toto, Graffiti (Respect), Newhart, FloJo, Sandpiper, Meter Maid, Golden Corral, Gunny, Etch-a-Sketch (Respect!), Snakes On A Plane, Belschnickel (spelling?)
The Pax were greeted and welcomed, no FNG’s were present, the Mission of F3 was expressed aloud and the disclaimer forgotten.
Slow mosey up the path to LeBauer Park for:
Sun Gods x 10 IC
Sun Gods Reverse x 10 IC
Abe Vigoda x 10 IC (Slowly)
Imperial Walkers x 15 IC
SSH x 20 IC
Plank in a circle. Hold plank while one man does 3 Merkins. Upon completion, the man to his left does 3 Merkins while everyone else continues to hold the plank, and so on around the circle.
Repeat with 5 Monkey Humpers.
During this time we reflected on the Five Core Principles of F3. They are:
- Are free of charge.
- Are open to all men.
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold.
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary.
- End with a Circle of Trust.
Pax were partnered up into three-man teams for a 3-man grinder. Two exercise stations were placed on the sidewalk that runs around the perimeter of the grassy area. The objective was to have one man at each station performing the listed exercises until relieved by the runner. Once relieved, that pax becomes the runner and heads around the track to relieve his partner at the opposite station. You know how a 3-man grinder works so I will presume no further explanation is needed.
We added a twist: After we counted off into 3-man teams, I split the whole group in half (while maintaining the 3-man subgroups). Each large team was given a frisbee and instructed to take turns tossing it into a hula hoop placed in the center of the grass area. It had to be thrown from the paved walkway. You were not allowed to step onto the grass except to retrieve the frisbee. If a team landed their frisbee in the hoop, the entire opposite team had to do 5 burpees. We sucked at this game. No one did any burpees. That is until we Omaha’ed from the grinder and did 10 burpees OYO.
Here’s how I divided us into the Blue and the Yellow teams (the colors of the frisbees):
I asked each large team to line up in a single file line – for the purpose to defining the order in which they were to toss the frisbee. I wanted to be sure we took turns and everyone got to throw. I had planned to form two lines and ask the pax to identify and remember the guy immediately behind them in the line. The intent was for the thrower to toss the frisbee, then call out to his successor that he was next up. The successor would then retrieve the frisbee and take his turn, then call out to the next guy in the lineup. Made sense to me as we would be running around the 3-man grinder and would lose track of who had thrown and who had not. Seems simple enough, right? Not so fast. Much confusion ensued as we tried to figure out how to line up in two single file lines. I’ll just leave it at that and accept the blame – because I failed as a leader. But I have to admit it was funny to watch!
After some time we got it figured out and got down to business. Here’s what was printed on the weinkes:
- Pickle Pusher
- Plank Jacks
- Carolina Dry Docks
- WW2 Sit-ups
- Wide Merkins
- Crab cake
- High Knees
- Chinook Squat
- Big Boy Sit-ups
- Alternating Shoulder Taps
- Box Cutter
- Monkey Humpers
- Side Straddle Hops
- Mountain Climber
- Peter Parker
- Low Slow Flutter
- Wojo Squats
- Low Dolly
- Freddy Mercury
At about 6:05 we called Omaha, did 10 burpees OYO and moseyed back to the flag.
- Hold the plank position with arms outstretched as the pax counted off one-by-one to 120, rotating around the circle.
- American Hammer x 10 IC
- F3 Albemarle 1-year anniversary Saturday 7/10. Some of our pax are riding in a clown car to support this. See him for confirmation on the departure time. Wojo has information as well.
- F3 Archdale inaugural workout next Sat 7/17. Clown car to launch from Jaycee Park 0615 sharp.
- Hit up Gunny for more details on both events.
- Friday Fellowship lunches happening most Fridays. Watch for tweets, Slack messages etc., from either Radiator or Akron for the time and place. All are welcome!
Meter Maid closed us out.
Each person that completed todays’ workout was awarded the highly coveted “Participation Medal” (aka F3 sticker), courtesy of YHC.
- Gunny, you always bring the enthusiasm. Thanks for showing up today! And for bringing Meter Maid.
- Meter Maid, love having you around brother! I’m glad you are a part of our pax.
- Snakes On A Plane, I thought about your question as I rode home. Brother, you are a full-fledged member of the brotherhood from day one! That’s why we name you at your first workout. Don’t ever doubt it.
- PS: You can have as many F3 stickers as you want! I always have them in my car.
- Belschnickel, I am probably butchering your name. I googled it. I assume it is from The Office? Confirm it next time we see each other!
Thanks for the opportunity to lead.
Radiator – out.