Date: Monday, April 26, 2021
AO: Latham Grinder
Time: 0530 – 0615
Weather: 47°F, 74% R.H., clear
PAX (30): Yooper, Houlihan, Bruce Lee, Huggies, Don’t Cha Know (RESPECT!), STP (RESPECT!), Boy Wonder, Newhart, Ricardo, Tesla, Amphibious, Drizzle (RESPECT!), Maneater, Flo-Jo, Lite-Brite, Simone, Nomex, Birds Nest, Blue Oyster (RESPECT!), Akron, Sugar Cakes, Saban, Hermey, Gilligan, Etch-A-Sketch (RESPECT!), Scooby Doo (RESPECT!), Huffy (RESPECT!), Jingles, Wojo (RESPECT!), Explosion
Back in September YHC was EH’d to Latham Grinder for Cheddar’s 4-year F3 anniversary beatdown. 7 months later, 22 boot-campers and 8 splinter runners showed up for YHC’s VQ, which would pay tribute to the OG beatdown. After butchering the mission, delivering a self-evident disclaimer, and unceremoniously dismissing the splinter runners (Awkward VQ Moments #1 and #2 if you’re keeping score at home), we began…
- SSH x15 IC
- Abe Vigodas x10 IC
- String Rippers x10 IC
- Goof Balls x10 IC
- Sun Gods x 10 IC >
- Reverse Sun Gods x10 IC >
- Moroccan Nightclubs x10 IC
- Steve Earles x10 IC *a Copperhead Squat with a Hillbilly on the end. Trying to count a 5 move exercise with a 4-count cadence proved quite difficult. Awkward VQ Moment #3
We then moseyed down Fisher Park Circle toward First Pres – BEAR TRAP!!! Bear Crawl 50 yards in tribute to Cheddar. After bypassing the church steps and turning right on Elm, we found a nice wall for…
The Thang #1
- Wall Conveyor
This is effectively a balls to the wall Indian run. The PAX line up in BTTW and PAX at the end drops down, runs to the end, and gets back into BTTW. The PAX were so numerous the line had to go around the wall’s corner. BTTW was ill-advised in some parts due to window placement making this Awkward VQ Moment #4. After running out of wall space, we moseyed around the block back to the church steps for…
The Thang #2
PAX were split into 3 groups each starting on a different flight of stairs performing exercises up the steps (one rep per ).
- Flight 1: Merkins
- Flight 2: Alt. Shoulder Taps or more Merkins
- Flight 3: Lunge Walk
Once each flight was complete, the PAX would run a lap around the church stopping along the way for 10 Dips before finishing the lap and doing the next flight of steps.
We only made it through 2-3 rounds of each flight before calling it quits.
We then moseyed back to the shovel flag avoiding the Bear Trap in the interest of time.
- PAX led (did not note the exercises)
- American Hammers x15 IC
- Announcements were made, but YHC did not note them.
- YHC made a weak comparison between the step exercises and accomplishing goals one step at a time, even forgetting the idiom he was trying to use Awkward VQ Moment #5.
- YHC took us out.
- All 30 PAX who endured YHC’s mistake riddled, awkward VQ. Thanks for the support!
- Houlihan, Sugar Cakes, and Tesla for the 2.65-mile EC to calm down YHC’s Q juice.
- Amphibious filling in the forgotten idiom about eating an elephant one bite at a time.
- Drizzle, Maneater, and STP forgoing their usual splinter run in favor of the VQ experience.
- Akron remembering the bear crawls from Cheddar’s OG beatdown.
- Tesla for EH’ing YHC.
It was an honor to pop the Q cherry at Latham Grinder. Next time promises to be better!