Workout: Quaker Crater/Latham Grinder/J-Town Beatdown
Pax: Boy Wonder, Houlihan, Viagra (Respect!), Akron, Big Sky, Major Payne, Drizzle (Respect!), John Coctostan, Saban, Udders (YHC)
On a cool Memorial Day morning 9 fellow pax whipped the fartsack to join YHC at the Quaker Crater AO for a Natville Memorial Day Convergence of 3 different workouts. YHC was excited to Q again after limiting posts the past 2 weeks to stay healthy enough to run a half marathon this past Saturday #AgeIsCatchingUpWithMe
It was great to see some old faces and some new ones as well. The hour later start time seemed to be appreciated by the pax as well.
Here’s what went down (more or less)….
F3 Disclaimer & Mission Statement
With no shovel flag for Pledge of Allegiance we moved into…
SSH X 20 IC
Good Mornings X 15 IC
Windmills X 15 IC
Copperhead Squats X 15 IC
Weed Pickers X 15 IC (city folk like to call these String Rippers)
YHC and the pax moseyed to the bridge by Kathleen Clay Edwards library for the following…
Partner A does the exercise while Partner B runs to Stop sign and back. Flip flop until you are done.
50 of the following (to honor the 50th anniversary of Memorial Day as a federal holiday)
M – Merkins (Single Count)
E – E2K (Single Count)
M – Monkey Humpers (IC) #CrowdPleaser
O – Outlaws (Single Count)
R – Rosalita’s (Single Count)
I – Imperial Walkers (IC)
A – Alternating Shoulder Taps (IC)
L – Lt Dan’s (Single Count) #HaveToDoTheseForMemorialDay
D – Dips (Single Count)
A – Alabama A** Kickers (Single Count)
Y – YHC chooses Goof Balls (IC)
We made it through almost 2 rounds before time was called. We moseyed back to the shovel flag for…
American Hammer X 1 IC
- Look for an announcement soon from Houlihan and Simone on a special coffeeteria in June at A Special Blend on Market Street
- Juneteenth Ruck coming up on Saturday, June 19th. Check with Square and Tommy Boy on details.
- Grasshoppers game Saturday, June 5th. F3 section at game with Phoenix cooking before game. Check with Akron and Phoenix on details.
- F3 Summer Blood Drive is Saturday, June 12th from 11 am to 4 pm. Check with Cheddar on details.
- The Natville Summer Challenge is back for 2021! Post at every Natville workout (34 total) at least once from Memorial Day to Labor Day to get your name on the Bodett Cup.
YHC took us out with a prayer of gratitude for the men and women who have served our country and the men and women who have died to protect our freedom.
Thank you for the opportunity to lead this group of men today. We ran almost 2.5 miles, and the pax met the challenge head on.
Until next time Natville….