AO: The Blue Plate Special
Date: May 19, 2021
PAX: Sheldon, Fletch (R), Rabbit (R), former FNG-Deskpop (R), Heisenberg (R) Windmill (R), Hey Guy, Mudflap (R), Expired (R), Damage Control (R), Odessa (R), Dapper Dan (R), Imelda (R), Mr Hand (R), Plisken, Minuteman (R), Michelin Man, Patch, Eggplant (R).
16 pax were assembled at go time, 17:45, and three joined us in motion. YHC promptly delivered the mission and disclaimer. Heisenberg had brought an FNG to do a splinter run and they were seen off with the support of the pax as discussion of good-natured FNG names began. With that, we began a meandering mosey through the parking lot to:
If you have Q’ed the Blue Plate, you have to appreciate the custom built Warm-a-Rama ring.
- SSH 20 IC
- Abe Vigodas 15 IC
- String Rippers 15 IC
- Cobra Squats 10 IC
- Sun Gods 15 IC
- Sun Gods-reverse 15 IC
- I don’t remember what else we did 15 IC
The pax warmed, we moseyed to the school’s lower parking lot where YHC explained:
Workout stations were placed at the 4 corners of the parking lot. At each station was a weinke with 3 exercises for the pax to rinse and repeat for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, we all met in the center of the parking lot for a merkin ring of fire. Each time we met in the middle, we added a round to the ring of fire, ie. after the first 4 minute station we went around the ring once, second 4 minute station twice, etc. The stations were:
- 15 Werkins
- 15 WWII Sit-ups
- 15 Toy Soldiers IC
- 15 Crunchy Frogs IC
- 15 Carolina Dry Dock
- 15 Hillbillies IC
- 15 Merkins
- 15 LBCs IC
- 15 Star Squats
- 15 Monkey Humper
- 15 Squats
- 15 Lunges (alternating leg)
After everyone had completed all 4 stations, we did our final ring of fire and went around 4 times. This is where some conflict arose as the beloved site-Q felt we had only gone around 3 times. The pax joyfully submitted to doing another round to satisfy the site-Q. We then began a mosey around the lower side of the school. During the mosey, those who were not too tired to math concluded that we had actually done 5 rounds instead of 4, but voiced their excitement to know that they got an extra helping of DRP.
We stopped at the picnic tables to collect the 6. Mudflap volunteered to lead the pax for some dips. Afterwards, we sprinted the rest of the way to the parking lot for:
- Various stretches.
- Low Slow Flutter 15 IC
- Freddy Mercury (Foghat Style) 15 IC
- Box Cutters 15 IC
- American Hammer 15 IC
- Deskpop thank you for coming out and welcome to F3. The pax backed off on the stronger, derogatory FNG names when we learned you were a retired police officer. Thank you for serving. Look forward to seeing you at future posts and some of the other F’s.
- Mr. Hand and Imelda, great seeing you guys back out after some injuries. Way to get back after it.
- Dapper Dan was an FNG last week. Great to see you post two weeks in a row. Glad you came back out.
- Heisenberg had an FNG that he wanted to EH that did not want to post in the gloom and did not want to bootcamp. Great job being committed enough to the EH to post an evening workout to splinter run with him.
- Mudflap, glad to see you back out after losing your father. Know your F3 brothers love you and we are here to talk.
- Expired has done a great job getting this AO up and running. Consistently over 15 pax post. Very regular group, many of which he EH’d. Outstanding alternative for guys that can’t/won’t post in the gloom and great double dip opportunity for those that do post in the gloom. T-claps!
- I shared in the COT that while today was my 4 year anniversary, I had only been coming out for about a year and a half. After initially posting for about a month, I decided that it was not for me. HIMs stayed after me and thankfully I got back involved and have been regular since. Stay after the guys you have EH’d—“no” means “not now.” Don’t know where I would be if guys had given up on me. Grateful every day for F3.
Thank you for the opportunity to lead!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.