PAX: Bones, Backdraft, Verlander, Stretch, Scratch, Mall Cop, Sir Purr (WD), Box Spring (FNG – James Rose Jr. ), TJ Hooker, Sparta, Square, Nancy, Crayola (WB), Xerox, Root, Sacked – QIC
16 PAX including YHC took the daily DRP at Wakanda this morning. With opening comments and instructions delivered we headed out into the gloom with a mosey down to the track where we circled up at the Southeast end of the stadium.
- SELF HUGS (Hug Thy Self)
- SUN GODS x 10ic each direction
- IMPERIAL WALKERS x 15ic
- HILLBILLIES x 15ic
- STRING RIPPERS x 10ic
- LUCKY 7’s
Mosey over to the South Side of the track
THANG 1 (Indian Lunge + Reps)
PAX was instructed to get in a straight line with backs tot he fence and facing the field. Starting with the end of the line nearest the bleachers 1 PAX would lunge walk the length the other PAX who were lined up. While the 1 person was lunge walking the rest of the PAX would perform a called out exercise until the lunge walker reached the front of the line. We cycled through 15 different exercises 3 times. The exercises performed:
- RANGER MERKINS
- MONKEY HUMPERS
- SHOULDER TAPS
- DYING COCKROACH
- COPPERHEAD SQUATS
- CDRY DOCKS
- LT DANS
Moseyed up to the front of the main stadium entrance. PAX partnered up for a 2 man grinder. There was a significance the number of reps for each exercise. In 2003 Dudley H.S. was added to the registry list as a National Historical Site. TClaps to Square for knowing the answer to the question asked: What thing of significance happened in 2003 for Dudley H.S. Reminds us that we are working out at a sacred place in history. Back to the beatdown:
THANG 2 (Cumulative Grinder)
- MERKINS X 203
- LBC’s X 203
- SQUATS X 203
With time closing in on us we made our way back to The Shovel Flag and circled up for MARY.
- AMERICAN HAMMERS X 15IC
- 6TH Annual F3 Natville Camp/Hike Trip is July 23-25. Check Shenanigans for details
- Stretch – for the Wed Coffeeteria in Starbucks parking lot Stretch is always looking for guys who would like to lead a discussion. Hit him up if you would like to learn more about leading a Coffeeteria discussion.
- Mall Cop – Mall Cop is throwing a birthday party for himself this coming Tuesday. You are all invited to his party, otherwise known as ShakeWeight, this Tuesday May 18, where he has the Q and the workout may have something to do with the number 43.
- Square – Memorial Day Weekend Convergence at Cornwallis Nightmare (Jaycee Park). All AO’s are coming together on May 28 at 7:00 a.m. for the Convergence. See you there. Coffee afterwards.
- TClaps Sparta for getting back out in the gloom after battling health issues. Showing Up is the most important part.
- A lot of quotes were tossed around during the workout. Some meaningful and some not so much 🙂 We (includes YHC) must remember ” Its not the quantity of reps, its the quality of the reps”
- Big Welcome to FNG Box Spring. TClaps to TJH for EHing Box Spring to post.
- Bones can lunge faster than some of us can run. BTW Bones we missed Joey.
- TClaps Square for immediately dialing in on Box String when he arrived while we were already into the THANG. It makes a difference.
- Great listening to Nancy parenting (maybe attempting)his 2.0. Not sure if Crayola was buying or selling, but it was good stuff. Crayola did a great job today.
- Lot of fun mumble chatter directed at the Lunge Walkers as they passed down the line. Root might have been giving it back while he was lunging.
- A great Spring morning for a workout.
COT – YHC Took us out. We had several prayer requests from the PAX that lifted up at the end.
As always an honor to serve. Thank you Wakanda AO for the honor. Aye, Sacked