Tabata Party at Closing Time (with a few cinder blocks)
• Thursday April 22, 2021
• 1900 to 1945 hours
• Jaycee Park at Spencer Love Tennis Center
• 53° F, 35% RH
Pax (17 with the Q)
Expired (Respect!), Hey Guy, Michelin Man, Windmill (Respect!), Renaissance (Respect!), Creekside, Baywatch, Sheldon, Mudflap (Respect!), Eggplant (Respect!), Rabbit (Respect!), Apollo, The King, Spartan, Gridlock (Respect!), Schnitzel (Respect!)
1900 hours: The Pax were greeted and welcomed, no FNG’s were present, the Mission of F3 was expressed aloud and the disclaimer was discussed.
Slow mosey to the church parking lot
SSH x 15 IC
Sun Gods x 15 IC
Chinooks x 15 IC
Reverse Sun Gods x 15 IC
Imperial Walker x 15 IC
Abe Vigoda x 16 IC
Tabata Style with Timer – 45 seconds of work / 15 seconds of rest. The pax counted off 1 thru 12. There were 12 exercise stations to which the pax were assigned according to their number. As the pax were assigned their station, cinder blocks were issued for stations 1, 4 and 8. All other exercises were bodyweight only. We rotated around the stations each time we completed one cycle of 45 seconds. The 15 second rest was used to move to the next station. After every four minutes we paused for a mosey around the parking lot.
1. Blockee (Burpee with a cinder block)
2. Gorilla Humpers (Monkey Humpers in wide stance)
a. Eye contact with other Pax is discouraged during this exercise.
4. Overhead press with cinder block
5. Body Builder (Burpee + Plank Jack)
6. Low Slow Flutter
7. Side Straddle Hop
8. Curl or Squat with cinder block.
10. Air Chair (People’s chair + air clap)
11. War Hammer (WW2 sit-up + 4 American Hammers SC)
12. Mountain Climbers
During the beatdown we reviewed the F3 Credo and the Five Core Principles. Mumblechatter was abundant during the review.
At 1935 Omaha was called for a mosey back to the shovel flag for…….
6 Minutes of Mary
• As we awaited the return of the 6, Expired volunteered to lead us in LBC’s x 20 IC
• Mudflap then led us in Low Slow Flutters x 20 IC
• Not to be outdone, Windmill offered us Crunchy Frogs 15 IC
• And YHC finished it up with American Hammers x 12 IC
• Community Housing Solutions work day May 1st. Small house in need of roof removal & replacement. Watch Shenanigans for more info – or contact Don’tChaKnow.
• GoRuck Triple Light in Greensboro 4/30 – 5/1. In need of a few good men to volunteer – as helpers, not participants. Contact Tommy Boy or Radiator to get plugged in.
• CJ and Radiator are organizing an offshore fishing trip Nov 6. See one of them for details. This is in Shenanigans as well.
YHC closed us out.
All attendees at this evening’s workout were given an F3 sticker as a participation medal.
It was an honor to lead this group.
Spartan, good to meet you my friend. Excellent effort out there! Glad to see you joining us!
King, always a pleasure to see you too! You always bring enthusiasm and a smile! Keep it up brother!
Eggplant, thank you for your service to this AO! Much appreciated.
Radiator – out.