- Monday, January 4, 2021
- 36.045182, -79.932159
- 36 °F, 89% humidity
Picasso (RESPECT!), Gold Digger, Heisenberg (RESPECT!), Don’t Cha Know (RESPECT!), Toto, Fletch (RESPECT!) The Menace, Aurora, Nails (RESPECT!), Caddy, Polo, Tommy Boy
New Year = New You? Well that depends on whether or not you make changes to the old you. That said, YHC decided to break an old habit and replace it with a new one. Rather that taking Monday off, it was time to Q one instead. And in the vein of #DoTheHardThing, accepted the honor to Q at J-Town Beatdown (the furthest AO from home).
As always, doing the hard thing nets great rewards. Today was also about our individual #PMA (positive mental attitude)
After our disclaimer, Mission, and Credo were dispensed, we moseyed to the far side of the AO for:
- SSH x 20 IC
- Copperhead Squats x 20 IC
- Sun Gods, Chinooks, Moroccan Night Club, unwind x 15 IC ea.
- Hillbillies x 20 IC
- String Rippers x 10 IC
Back to the shovel flag for:
Easy concept; challenging execution. Four exercises (20 seconds of maximum effort, 10 seconds of rest) for a HIIT in the face. Or in this case, the legs.
- Leaping Lizards
- Alt. Jump Lunges
- Donkey Kicks
- Jump Squats
- Round 1 = 3 complete circuits
- Round 2 = 2 complete circuits
- Round 1 = 1 complete circuit
- After each round, 30 second plank + 30 second Chilcutt plank + 10 Merkins = 1 loong lap around the AO (crowd-pleaser)
This routine will make a comeback… it’s a good litmus test for performance #gainz
6 Minutes of Mary
- Freddie Mercury x 20 IC
- Pickle Pushers x 20 IC
- American Hammer x 20 IC
Naked Man Moleskine
- Toto – Welcome to F3 Greensboro; glad Drysdale brought you out. Keep on posting!
- Caddy – YHC appreciates the positivity & push as I work to regain my cardio.
- Gold Digger, The Menace, Aurora, Nails, Polo – it was really a gift to see you guys; been a long time in some cases yet always appreciate reconnecting with the Pax.
- Don’t Cha Know – YHC will find the Yuengling Hershey’s Chocolate Stout for ya’!
- Picasso – line of the Gloom: “Is that it?”
- Heisenberg – strong as always, brother. GREAT seeing you roll up!
- Fletch– #tclaps for the opportunity to serve.
It’s day four of 2021 and we had plenty to share today. The point is, every day is a gift… every. single. day. The calendar rolling over one day/week/month/year/ won’t magically reset things. And that’s okay. It’s up to us to stay connected, support each other… leave NO man behind. And for that, I’m grateful for each of you.
Grace & Peace,