- Tuesday, July 28, 2020
- 36.088459, -79.833198
- 73°F, 94% humidity
Mall Cop, Good Hands, Nutmeg (RESPECT!), Bushwood, Phoenix, Poehler, Mr. Rogers, Gecko, Blue Oyster (RESPECT!), Tommy Boy
As YHC was deciding where to post for the #DRP, a call for a substi-Q popped up on the Twittah. Problem solved!
Upon rolling up into the hotbox known as Shake Weights, the clock struck 0530 and it was time to dispense the call to action, the disclaimer, our Mission Statement, and a #DRP. We left our weights behind and moseyed up to Hobble & Gobble for:
- SSH x 20 IC
- Merkin Hellevator (up to 20 count)
- Copperhead Squats x 15 IC
- String Rippers x 15 IC
Mosey back down to retrieve our weights, er… our #luggage, head back up the stairs and check in for:
The Thang > Hotel Hell
- Set a 1-minute timer on repeat
- EMOM > 5 Burpees
- Dumbbell Cluster* x AMRAP (for the remainder of the minute)
- when the timer hits zero, rinse & repeat
- 5 rounds
- Drop your weights, mosey down the hill to the shovel flag and back up the stairwell to start all over.
- *a Dumbbell Cluster is demonstrated HERE.
- Repeat until 100 Dumbbell Clusters are achieved
By the time we hit the 100th floor, the pax was ready to check out of Hotel Hell and head back down to the shovel flag for:
- Captain Therkin (5 rounds)
YHC knows that masks suck. However, I appreciated the pax at Shake Weights for wearing them and for the conscious effort by those the didn’t to be steadfast in distancing. Way to lead and keep everyone healthy. AYE!
- Prayers for WoJo & Bedbugs folks as they navigate a health concern with their mom
- Final opportunity (of three) to serve Natville’s Front Line hospital workers THIS Saturday. Be at the original Women’s Hospital by 6:15PM. Contact Matlock via Twitter to offer up your #HardCommit
- For anyone looking to support a social justice organization and wants an alternative to the Black Lives Matter non-profit, Poehler is supporting NC Community Bail Fund of Durham. Their Mission is to: FIGHT TO END CASH BAIL AND PROVIDES ASSISTANCE TO THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD IT. Donating will further their efforts to provide freedom for impacted members of our community.
YHC challenged the pax to stop talking the talk and walk the walk. We proclaim at every workout to “invigorate male community leadership.” That shouldn’t stop when you leave an AO. All the lessons learned at a Q Source and all the topics we cover at book studies are tools for us to use, not waste.
CHOOSE Joy over Cynicism. Cynicism is lazy because it’s easy. Cynicism skirts the outer edges of hardships or conflict. Cynics are the folks that hide behind their social media account because they aren’t bold enough to say it to a person’s face (probably because they didn’t put in the time to arrive at that thought on their own. AKA: Cut & Paste). The cynic is the problem spotter; someone that will only complain yet offer no solutions of their own. That is not a Leader.
The LEADER chooses Joy as his virtue. A leader knows that Joy goes beyond “happiness.” Joy acknowledges that life is hard, that A+B isn’t guaranteed to = C all the time, that being nice or happy or faithful doesn’t guarantee another tomorrow. Joy recognizes the heaviness of the human experience and is big enough to encompass the entire experience and move us beyond it. Don’t ruin that by choosing to be a cynic between now and November and expecting to be honored as a #HIM later on just because. We’re all called better than that each time we speak the mission of F3.
Grace & Peace (and JOY),