It was 28ºf as YHC walked on the scene of what would be an epic beat down. Six studs showed up and showed out. Without much fan fare, YHC gave the “welcome to f3…” and put these boys right to work and work they did.
SIDE STRADDLE HOP (SSH) x 20 IC
OVERHEAD-WALKING LT DAN W/ weights to the Tree of Woe & back to Flag
- MOD was encouraged and the Pax gave their best effort.
MALL COP’S MERKIN MANIA *All Single Count
- DIAMOND x20
- 5 SECOND [eccentric] x20
- SCORPION [Lx10&Rx10]
- RANGER x20
- STAGGERED [Lx10&Rx10]
SUPERMAN-BANANA-SSH-DESCENDING LADDER (IC: 20,15,10,5)
- Pax got in the Superman start position & performed the SSH movement.
- Pax got in the Banana start position & performed the SSH movement.
THRUSTER LADDER–DESCENDING LADDER (10,9,8,7…1)
- This is a squat to overhead press movement w/ weights
VAN HALEN’S REVENGE *AMRAP to Van Halen’s Jump (1984)
- STAR JUMP
- JUMP LUNGES/ MARY KATHERINE
- The aforementioned movements were performed as an AMRAP. The faithful Q randomly called out movement changes until the song finished.
LOW-DOLLY/NICOLETA x20IC + HIGH-DOLLY/ROSALITA (high dolly) x20IC + BROGA & USA HAMMER x1IC
Poehler (What’s my name), Jitterbug (respect), Hoser, Longtime, Earhart & Slumlord (QIC)
It was a great day to be alive and test limits. The focus of this workout was to find limits without it being an exercise in injury. It was a strong mix of plyometrics, low-impact work and most importantly FORM & CONTROL. Longtime came to the AO with a busted toe, but did you hear him grumble, just a little, but I have to say, he Modified As Necessary and crushed it. Honestly, there wasn’t a slacker in the bunch. A secondary theme of my workouts lately has been “no place to hide”, meaning the workout should not allow pax to just go through the motions or get lost in the shuffle or relegated to the 6.
T-claps to the mighty 6 of SweatAngel.