Location: Quaker Crater
- Stretch (Respect!)
- Blue Oyster (Respect!)
- Heisenberg (Respect!)
- TJ Hooker
- Puddle Jumper
- Don’t-cha-Know (Respect!)1
- Short Circuit
QIC: Short Circuit
YHC and Spackler were having a conversation yesterday about being more “seasoned” veterans within F3 (not pure #Redwood material, but we’re also not freshly shorn cadets). One of the aspects of this is: how much additional time goes into thinking through the workouts. Some would say you should still spend quite a bit of time on the planning and preparation. While YHC agrees with this, it can also be said that an effective workout can be had, on the fly, with minimal preparedness. Having said that, YHC threw together a few ideas that had been brewing in la cabeza. What transpired is transcribed below. After some light banter with HUD about a “small crowd”, YHC was pleasantly surprised by the 19 salty vets that showed. TClaps to the #Smurph group (Matlock, JR, and Blue Oyster) for posting, as well as the #EC running group (Quickdraw, Thor, and Tesla). After the disclaimer was disclaimed the PAX did a quick circle around the parking lot to pick up Stretch (rollin’ in HOT!), then moseyed to the intersection behind Jefferson for…
- Copperhead Squats (slow) x 10 (IC)
- Copperhead Lunges (slow) x 6 (IC; each leg)
- Mountain Hoppers x 10 (IC)
- Merkins x 10 (IC)
YHC had heard of a workout from #Jocko, codename: “Muster”. After a little research, YHC decided to implement this particular form of punishment upon the PAX. After finishing WAR, and running up the #Crater to the Library, the PAX formed a circle for “Muster”, which consisted of the following:
- 20 Lunges (10 each leg)
- 15 Crunches
- 10 Merkins
- 5 Burpees
As many rounds as possible, within 20 minutes. YHC didn’t keep track of the time, but as a group we worked through the following songs:
- Fight by Unwritten Law
- Go with the Flow by Queens of the Stone Age
- Burn it Down by Skillet
- Party Hard by Andrew W.K.
- Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold
Which represents… 17 minutes, 56 seconds worth of workout. So close. YHC should have kept better time. After this, YHC called for a slow mosey back to the #shovelFlag, with those PAX who were honest about their low round count leading the way.
We ended with a Tabata-Style Mary, 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off.
- 2 Up – 1 Down
- Figure 8s3
- Raised Gas Pumps
- Seated Ab Circles (back-breakers)
- JackKnives (#slippedDisc)
- Freddy Mercury
- American Hammer x 15 (IC)
- TJ Hooker made mention of the fact that we need to be vigilant when it comes to locking car doors, and keeping valuables either out of sight, completely hidden, or in areas where we can reach them. Many cars around the Natville area are being broken into, and TJ Hooker’s PSA is finely timed.
- Is that you Dad?
- Incredibly hard to keep counting+cadence on these. Bruce Lee suffered a similar fiasco a few weeks ago. YHC thought he could do better… wrong.
- Great “O”s Bulldog.
It was great seeing you men this morning and getting an opportunity to lead. Aye!