Today is YHC’s F3 Anniversary. One year ago I showed up for my first F3 workout, a Memorial Day convergence at Latham Grinder, with a pair of leather gardening gloves and a hatred of running. One year later I have upgraded to a smelly pair of Mechanix gloves and have started to accept that running might not totally suck. More importantly my fitness, fellowship, and faith are all better as a result of the HIM I have been surrounded by at F3 Greensboro! Thank you all for the impact you have had on my life.
I recently acquired a set of coupons from the hardware store. They first saw use at Wakanda a few weeks ago. Everyone seemed to really enjoy them so I thought I should bring that workout to Shake Weight. Narrators voice: In reality, Mall Cop got back from a trip to Hong Kong less than 72 hours ago and was too jet-lagged to come up with something new so he re-used the weinkes that were on his nightstand. Here is how it went down:
Etch-a-Sketch, Nomex, Longtime, Slur, Short Circuit, Radiator, CJ, STP, Mall Cop – QIC
- Mosey through dumpster alley and Friendly Center shops
- SSH x 20 IC
- Sun Gods x 10 IC
- Chinooks x 10 IC
- Reverse Sun Gods x 10 IC
- Abe Vigodas x 10 IC
- String Rippers x 20 IC
We moseyed back to the subterranean sauna and found a stack of coupons. We counted off into two groups. One group did AMRAP coupon work while the other ran to the station two, did an exercise IC then ran back to switch places.
- Cinder Block Swing
- Bent Over Row
- Goblet Squat
- Lunge and Twist
- Deadlift – YHC’s favorite
- Mountain Climbers x10 IC
- LBC x10 IC
- Merkin x10 IC
- Box Cutter x10 IC
- Imperial Walkers x10 IC
- Catalina Wine Mixer x10 IC
- Burpees x10
It was getting hot in the sauna so I lead the PAX on a mosey outside for a view of the rising sun and some fresh air. We finished up with:
- Homer and Marge
- Box Cutters
- Low Slow Flutter
- Freddie Mercury
- American Hammer
- Excellent effort CJ! You were sprinting every time I saw you.
- Great to see Longtime back in the mix on the EC slog.
- Nomex, glad you found your way to Shake Weight. Come see us again.
- Radiator, thanks for substi-site-Q-ing last week and bringing the shovel flag back.
- Enjoy the sleep while you can get it Slur!
- Strong EC running bye Etch and STP. Way to set the pace!
- Cobains for the repeat workout Short Circuit. I’ll try to be more original in the future.
Radiator is organizing volunteers for Streetwatch. See his twitter for details.