AO: Lunatic Fringe
- Huffy (Respect!)
- Puddle Jumper
- Jitterbug (Respect!)
- Stinky Cheese (Respect!)
- Butt Fumble
- Xerox (Respect!)
- Bed Bug
- Boone’s Farm
- Guiding Light (#Cotter)
- Freezer Burn (FNG – Aaron Griffin)
QIC: Short Circuit
YHC put himself on the Q schedule a number of weeks ago; however, after Bed Bug put it out onto the Twitter-verse he was wanting to hand off the #ShovelFlag, YHC jumped on it. Knowing this was meant to be kept under wraps, YHC had a difficult time keeping it hush-hush, but alas… success. After the F3 Winston Salem Five-Year Anniversary beatdown last weekend, YHC picked up a few new things to share with F3 Greensboro, which were sprinkled throughout the workout. Many PAX came in hot as the EC Runners from Green Joe’s converged onto the GDS parking lot. After a slow-and-steady disclaimer was dispensed (whilst waiting for an FNG), YHC guided the PAX on a quick mosey to get the blood flowing. The resulting #MumbleChatter didn’t disappoint. Lap completed, weinke pulled out, time for…
- SSH x 25 (IC)
- Sungod x 12 (IC); Unwind x 12 (IC)
- String Rippers x 15 (IC)
- Copperhead Squats x 10 (IC)
- Copperhead Merkins x 10 (IC)
The Thang Part I – Burpee Hop
For the first part of the workout, the PAX were instructed to line up along the sidewalk next to the track where they would be performing “The Burpee Hop”2 The Burpee Hop is very simple – Burpee, Broad Jump, Burpee, Broad Jump, in aeternum.; until the PAX reach the other side of the parking lot3. At some point during this exercise, 3-for-1 thought it would be a good idea to let slip the dogs of war and napalm the rest of us with his previous night’s dinner4. After this was completed (and the nausea dissipated), it was time to move onto…
The Thang Part II – Square Grinder
The PAX paired up and YHC gave the following instructions, according to the diagram below…
- Partner A stays at Station 1 for AMRAP Burpees
- Partner B runs a square, Stopping at station 2 (Merkins x 15, Squats x 15), then swaps with Partner A (flapjack)
When a sufficient number of Burpees, Merkins, and Squats were dispensed, YHC called Omaha, and the PAX ran back to the #ShovelFlag for…
- Heels to Heaven5 x 15 (IC)
- LBC x 20 (IC)
- Box Cutters x 15 (IC)
- American Hammer x 20 (IC)
- All spots for the F3 Blood Drive at Cycles de Oro on January 13th have been filled (TClaps to Stinky Cheese and the Men of F3 Greensboro for stepping up!). However, weather permitting, come out on Sunday to support the guys giving blood, and step in if anyone happens to drop out (fainting or otherwise). Stinky Cheese has promised to be grilling burgers (real, not Soy), they will be setting up TVs to watch the Football games, and Wojo has promised to give two quarts (R.I.P. Wojo).
- Some guy with a harshly Polish last name was given the #ShovelFlag6.
- The Q Roster is open for Lunatic Fringe. Sign up to Q, or YHC is going to have to dispense more Burpee Hop onto the PAX. Aye!
- Part of what YHC learned from the F3 WS Workout was how to count cadence properly: slower. #MakeItCount
- The title may or may not have been “Burpee Bunny”; YHC decided “Burpee Hop” sounds better.
- YHC knew it was a solid lead-in when #stud Slumlord said “Man, that was difficult.” #NailedIt
- Brother – seriously, you keep that up, we’re going to rename you “Colonoscopy”; pretty sure that qualifies as assault.
- Thanks F3 WS
As always – it was a pleasure to lead you men this morning. I look forward to leading all you #HIM in the future as site Q for Lunatic Fringe. SYITG. Excellent Work!