- Mudflap (Respect!)
- Windmill (Respect!)
- Michelin Man (FNG – Masaki Naito)
- T-Rex (Welcome Brother!)
- Heisenberg (Respect!)
- Short Circuit
QIC: Short Circuit
YHC has only ever been to Nordic Tract one other time… back in early 2018. However, seeing as how one only needs a general layout of the AO to dispense a legitimate beatdown, when the call came in from Udders to take up a date, YHC answered.
To ensure the PAX were sufficiently gassed, YHC planned a track-workout at NWHS. When 6:50 AM rolled around and nary a PAX was to be seen, YHC thought he might be able to sneak back to his #fartsack. But lo! What’s this on the distance? EPA rolling in from an EC run. Alas! YHC would need to Q.
After dispensing a half-hearted disclaimer (#mumblechatter), YHC had the PAX circle the parking lot, while waiting for an FNG (so says Apollo). When said FNG finally arrived, the PAX ran to the track for….
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- Copperhead Squats x 10 (IC)
- String Rippers x 15 (IC)
- Sungods x 10 (IC); unwind x 10 (IC)
- Burpees x 5 (OYO)
The following figure sums up the workout.
Four stations were positioned around the track for The Thang (Part I), along with a small section at the end (in the green box) for The Thang (Part II)
- Station 1
- Merkins x 15
- Squats x 15
- E2K x 10 (each side)
- Station 2
- Plank Jacks x 15
- Peter Parkers x 15
- Carolina Dry Docks x 15
- Station 3
- Hand-Release Merkins x 15
- Lunges x 10 (each leg)
- LBCs x 15
- Station 4
- Mt. Climbers x 15
- Parker Peters x 15
- Carolina Dry Docks x 15
In between the stations were instructed to run at 25% on the straight stretches (yellow line), and run at 100% on the curved stretches (fuschia line).
After three laps were completed, YHC instructed the PAX to run one additional lap1, and then circle up on the black mat (green box on the figure), where the PAX were treated to a Tabata-style BLIMPS exercise (45 seconds on, 15 seconds off):
- Imperial Walkers
- Plank Jacks
At this point, the PAX were sufficiently gassed, so YHC called for a mosey back to the shovelflag for…
- Homer and Marge, complete with a Homer 30 count at the end by Apollo
- American Hammer x 20 (IC – Drummer-style)
- 2nd F, 12/30/2018 Rody’s, 6:30 PM (4:30 PM if you’re Apollo, and rollin’ deep) – Come out for some fellowship
- If you’re interested in trying out new AO’s, come out to Closing Time (Thursday nights, Jaycee Park, 7:00 PM; 2nd F at Rody’s immediately after)
- Jamestown Beatdown will be starting at 6:30 AM on 12/31/2018
- New Year’s “Convergence” planned at Arise, for 01/01
- T-Rex’s dad, Gary, lost his wife of 45 years. Keep his Dad in your prayers. #TAP
- To make it an even mile.
As always – it was a pleasure to lead you men this morning. Excellent Work!