11 well-insulated PAX greeted a brisk first day of spring at 35-degrees in the gloom at Jesse Wharton Elementary this morning for a little weights-and-running sort of workout… here’s what we accomplished:
Mosey to dupster area for a sweet-smelling Warm-O-Rama of..
- SSH – 30 in 3 speeds
- Sun Gods – 20
- Don Quixote – 10
- Imperial Walker – 20
- Hillbillies – 20
- Lucky 7’s
Then on to The THANG…
2 stations at opposite ends of the center island. PAX Paired off in 3’s and worked through AMRAP at each end while runner between relieved each doing:
- Peter Parker
- John Travolta
- Lunge Twist w/30# wt
- Kettlebell Swing w/30# wt
- Cumberland County Viaduct
- Cindy Crawford
- Freddie Mercury
- Parker Peter
- Discus w/10# wt
- Heel Touches
- Dying Cockroach
- Wood Chopper w/10# wt
- American Hammer
A few groups made it through the list at each end before OMAHA called for some Mary back at the circle..
- Plank-O-Rama (while YHC retrieved phone.. woot!)
- WW2 sit-up IC
- Pickle Pushers IC (thanks Wolverine)
- American Hammer (thanks Xerox)
- Strong turnout for 3-2-1 5k supporting Downs Syndrome and especially our PAX whose families are affected. 12 PAX brought it – Nice Job, Men!
- Crawlspace is taking over Cougar Town; no more reason to avoid it on account of TPS.. LOL
- Slumlord and TPS have spartan race in T-minus 3-weeks… join them!
- Good job those PAX who took on the Proehlific Park obstacle course on Friday – None under 30min, but T-claps to Tommy Boy who bested most of the competition.
- Great to see Udders at Circle Time for his AO challenge check-list! Missed Stubing; rumor has it he fartsacked, but nothing confirmed… could have posted to his usual Quaker Crater. We’ll see if he reads this backblast.
- Yes, YHC hates running, but knows it’s good for the soul and the waistline.. sorry to disappoint those expecting a Pseudo-Sweat Angel workout. Bodett would be proud #TruthfulPreblast
- Way to push it this morning, guys! Was glad to be paired off running with Brown Noser to keep me honest; and have so many complete the cycle to start over before omaha!
- Everest kicking in the afterburner on the run – all that Shake and Bake really paying off, man!
- Xerox seems to be getting grumpier.. calling the Nick Nolte cadence (Wolverine)
- What’s a body destroyer?? #PlanksAreLessFun
COT – YHC took us out. “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
A deep and true honor to lead today. You guys inspire me,
PAX: Long Time