17 PAX came to an ice and snow free Lindley Park, but with no shortage of standing water! The temporary floods would steer the direction of the workout, and since nobody was concerned for loose livestock, we began our fitness routine:
At the shovel flag (since we had a few stragglers we casually stretched the calves and arms and began with:
- 5 Burpees on your own
- 20 – Merkins on my count
- 15 – Windmills
- 20 – Side Straddle Hops
- 15 – Hillbillies
(YHC was not sure ???, since my cheat sheets failed to contain a Warmarama listing so I’m guessing)
We then moseyed for additional Warm-a-rama to the Windchimes where we continued with:
- 20 – Burpees
- 30 – Dips along the rock wall
- 40 – Step-Ups
- Mountain Climbers for the six
We then embarked on a short mosey accross the bridge to the Arboretum. There we performed three separate exercises:
- Pole Squats with Air Slaps (50 Count)
- Balls to the Pole, YHC demonstrated the Hip Slap 3 count (x 10) #crowdpleaser.
- 12 Rocky Balboas – on our six and holding the pole behind our head we lay flat, legs outstretched and raised our feet up to touch the pole and back down to a heel/floor touch was 1
Came in two parts. The first was with a partner we performed a
“Catch Me If You Can”
—Partner 1 does 5 LBCs while Partner 2 jogs towards the gazebo and the “Fancy Bathrooms” then partner 1 taps partner 2 for flapjack.
We ran around the circle and came back to our starting point between the arboretum bridge and the windchimes for part 2
“Circle of Pain”
Everyone was in a circle around the chimes performing an exercise, while one by one each member rounded the circle performing another exercise. Repetitions continued until everyone had completed the trip around the circle.
Merkins (Bear Crawls around the circle)
Plank (Lieutenant Dans around the circle)
– YHC noticed the pace was slow, so we Omaha’d and called a switch to LBCs and then Cindy Crawfords
We completed two sets then moseyed back to the basketball court and shovel flag for…
- 20 – Dying Cockroaches
- 10 – Homer to Marge
- 10 – Peter Perkins (3 count)
- 20 – American Hammers
Tclaps to the PAX for coming out. YHC workout structure worked as planned Enjoyed keeping everybody together as one intimate group, sharing some sweat and enjoying Fannies mumble-chatter. For some reason YHCs neck and core muscles are extra sore!
- “Corn-hole” has his VQ at ARISE on Tuesday! Let’s bring out the support for him, and try not to disappoint Amphibious….
- Try to sign up somewhere to Q, as every AO needs to fill those slots, and we need to serve that which has made us infinitely better men!!!
- Bulldog had Q at Sweat Angel Thursday. Sorry Bulldog for my belated BB!
It’s an honor and a privilege to serve as your Q.
Defib over and out..