It is pretty close to the time of year where we sit back and reflect on the past year. What we’ve done, what we haven’t done. Who we did it with and who we wish we would have (in terms of EH’ing silly boys). Successes and missed opportunities. This particular year will be like none other for YHC. One year ago, December 9th, 2015 was when my life literally changed overnight. Flapjack and DFib laid on the EH and I took the plunge. Matlock had the Q at Natty’s Hump where he advised us that it was “Leg Day”. I fell behind immediately as we moseyed from the flag to the church parking lot. That day I had to stop and rest on the way there. I remember Nomad waiting for me and telling me that “It won’t get easier, you will just get better”. Then about 8 others said the exact same thing.
I have come a long way since that day and while I still have a long way to go and am often the 6, I will always look back to that suffering as the start of amazing things to come.
Since then I have made many friends and have seen many improvements throughout the PAX. I will always be grateful for this group of men. I’m still a far distance from where I need to be but my health has greatly changed for the better thanks to the Natville Pax.
I thought it fitting that for my 1 year anniversary it would only be appropriate to lead these men in 45 minutes of gloomy exercise. With a forecast of 22 degrees, this should be a hoot.
We started out with a quick mosey to the bleachers so I could explain the Thang. Mosey back to the circle for some warm ups.
Warm A Rama
- SSH x 20 in cadence
- Sun Gods x 15 each direction
- Monkey Humpers x 12 in cadence
- Tricep Stretch x 30 seconds each arm
Partner Up #sizedoesntmatter
Partner A stays in the circle and does weight and ground work while Partner B runs to the bleachers to run up the stairs along the back and down the stairs. Once partner B gets down from the bleachers they do the exercises below and runs back to the circle…flapjack.
Partner A – AMRAP
- Bicep Curls
- TBar Merkins
- Tricep Extensions
- WWII Sit Ups w/weights
- Bent Rows
- Calf Raises w/weights
- Flock of Seagulls w/weights
- 10 Merkins
- 10 Super Man – Bananas
- 10 Wojo Bobby Hurlys
- 10 Carolina Dry Docks
- 10 Burpees
- 10 Derkins
- 10 Monkey Humpers In Cadence
Rinse & Repeat
A few notes:
- I aspire to jump fences like Poehler. While I used the bleachers to step over, Poehler hopped over the fence with a level of ease I won’t soon forget. Gazelle-ish is how I would describe it.
- Boatshow is fast.
- Awesome to have Hoosier and Spurrier. Welcome to the Fringe.
- TClaps to Brown Noser for pushing it on the runs.
- Polo bounces off of bleachers with great grace
- No one does Superman-Bananas with great grace
- Tommy Boy likes Pickle Pushers more than selling break pads, or any other activity for that matter.
- Butt Fumble was there playing the part of a young Snookie
- Bed Bug was there complaining about… something/everything.
- Hardest part of the workout was getting through the gate.
- I loved every minute of it.
- Low Slow Flutters
- Ankle Touches (or calf touches for the less flexible like YHC)
- Freddie Mercurys
- Pickle Pushers
- American Hammers
- F3 PROM IS TOMORROW NIGHT. GET YOUR TICKETS
- Blood Drive is January 8th. Wojo is a 2 bagger, will you be?????
- 7 guys have signed up, we need 40 more.
It was a great honor to be with you this morning. I’ll always be in debt to you guys. Come on over to Dublin for a few beatdowns.
PAX: Boone’s Farm