32 of Natville’s finest made the decision to venture out into the warm and wet gloom this morning for their Daily Red Pill at Natty’s Hump, brother style. While the images of pre-blasted triple-decker merkins and the hinting of partner carries led to anxiety by at least one pax member (Bodett), like moths to the flame they came..and they were not disappointed.
With no FNGs present today, we quickly covered the usual purpose and disclaimer. Bed Bug then led the PAX on an initial mosey around the parking lot to pick up Stretch, who rolled in fashionably late at 5:32. With that task complete, we moseyed to the Safety Town parking area for the…
WARM-O-RAMA (Led by Bed Bug):
- Side Straddle Hop X 20 IC
- Sun Gods X somewhere between 7-12 IC (forward direction) (Bed Bug got distracted…)
- Don Quixote X 15
- Sun Gods X 10 IC (reverse direction)
- Lucky 7s
- Imperial Walkers X 20 IC
- Copperhead Squats X 15 IC
- Hillbillies X 20 IC
- Monkey Humpers X 20 IC (always a #crowdpleaser)
From here, the PAX moseyed to the graveyard church parking lot for…
Part I (led by Wojo)
PAX instructed to partner up (size definitely matters) and were then given the following instructions:
- Partner Carry from first speed bump to second speed bump
- Wheel barrow to each cone, with partners alternating positions each time, executing one exercise of the BLIMPS routine per cone
- Crab walk to each cone during round 2
- 1st Cone – 5 Burpees
- 2nd Cone – 10 Lunges (each leg)
- 3rd Cone – 15 Imperial Walkers (each leg)
- 4th Cone – 20 Merkins
- 5th Cone – 25 Plank Jacks
- 6th Cone – 30 Squats
Plank for the six after round 1, then perform round 2 with a flapjack on the partner carry. Plank for the six after round 2. Mosey to Rec Center patio deck for the next pain station.
Part II (led by Bed Bug)
Stay with your partner. Partner A performs stated exercise AMRAP on patio while Partner B runs around Rec Center to playground and executes 10 pull-ups (#crowdpleaser). Partner B runs back to patio and flapjacks with Partner A. Repeato for 3 sets.
Patio Deck Exercises: Set 1) Step Ups; Set 2) Dips; Set 3) Squats
With time running short, time was called before all groups were finished. We moseyed back to the Shovel Flag for a short round of…
MARY (led by Wojo):
- Over Unders X 15 IC (hold it)
- Low Slow Flutters X 15 IC
- LBCs X 25 IC
- American Hammer X 20 IC
- Great work by everyone – particularly with the partner carries and the pull ups. Xerox, thanks for being game to be carried twice. Carrying your brother when he needs it is symbolic of what F3 is all about. Think about that the next time you are asked to carry a partner, but stay safe and within your limits!
- Bundle, not all bald guys look the same! I promise I will not confuse you for Hoser again. Look at it as a compliment as he is younger than you and is a fire fighter. I’m just sayin’…
- Bed Bug and I are still working on how to teach the triple decker merkin without inflicting injury and ending up in traction! It was clear that some of you were disappointed that we left that exercise off the schedule today…
- I love that there is always so much RESPECT to give out at this AO. 9 of 32 PAX members carried the RESPECT card today and we were missing a few regulars (Snookie, Sacked, Compound and Heisenburg)!
- And speaking of Respect, how about Sir Purr!!! Dude, I hope I am in as good a shape as you are when I am 61. 60 is the new 40 and, brother, you are an inspiration!
- Everest, glad you got checked out after the scare at Planksgiving. Stay safe and keep listening to your body.
- DOS, always good to see you at Jaycee Park. You are clearly closer to the Lindley Park AO, but we love having you at the HUMP. As always, you killed it today.
- Other than Butt Fumble and a few others not listening to VERY CLEAR directions given for part 1 of the THANG, there was surprisingly little mumble chatter, even during partner carries. We clearly need to choose harder and nastier exercises next time…
- HDHH tonight at Tap Room – 5:30 (or whenever Daphne gets there) until the last person leaves.
- Sacked is back today to lead 3rd F at Panera, 6:30 am. Come on out! (Thanks Scooby Doo)
- Special HDHH next week, December 7, to support Judy’s Chair at Gate City Growlers. She is in at Green Haven – thankful for that! We will collect donations at the event and GCG will donate $1 for each beer pint sold. Come on out and let’s finish this thing! Judy will be at the event next week. (Thanks Butt Fumble)
- Red Cross Blood Drive on Sunday, January 8th. Online sign up coming soon, but go ahead and let Butt Fumble know if you want to give. (Thanks, again, Butt Fumble)
- F3 Prom/Holiday Social on Saturday, December 10 – get your tickets NOW: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/f3-christmas-galaprom2nd-f-celebration-tickets-29288607012
- Jingle Bell Run is this Saturday – 80% of $ goal and 70% of team goal. Reach out to Everest, Xerox, Bodett, Refi or Bed Bug if you want to clown car. www.jbr.org/raleigh/katescapedcrusaders or www.jbr.org/raleigh/katewingate
- Bell Ringing for Salvation Army – Saturday, December 17 at Food Lion on Lawndale Dr,. Look for email from Huffy to coordinate sign up – 8 one hour shifts available. Sign will say F3. Wear F3 gear (or Santa Suits), partner up and/or bring your families. Great cause and good way to engage with the community. (Thanks Huffy)
- Buy, Sell, Trade – Boone’s Farm looking to sell his minivan before he and his family move to Ireland
- Prayer Requests – Brown Noser’s buddy/neighbor’s mom recently lost a battle with cancer. Please pray for comfort for family that she is in a better place; Brown Noser’s wife doing well – still a few more things to go through, but she is not yet cleared to drive.
COT – Stretch took us out
It was an honor and a privilege to lead today, men. Tommy Boy, we appreciate the opportunity!
Bed Bug & Wojo
PAX: Bed Bug & Wojo
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.