10 vets shook off the fartsack for a little fun at Arise. Who doesn’t like spring time temps in late November?
We figured Nancy would show up when his clock said 530 (535 eastern standard time) so we started with some Warm-O-Rama in the Grace UMC parking lot.
- SSH x 25 IC
- Monkey Humpers x 15 IC
- 5 Burpees OYO (for Nancy)
- Copperhead Squats x 20 IC
- Windmills x 15 IC
- 5 Burpees OYO
- Sungods x 15 IC Each Way
- Chinooks x 15 IC Each Way
- 5 Burpees OYO
- Parker Peters x 15 IC – No Recovery
- Peter Parkers x 15 IC – No Recovery
- Mountain Climbers x 15 IC – Recover
Mosey to Newbridge Bank Park for….
Partner Up #sizedoesntmatter. Partner A performs exercises at the Babe Ruth statue while Partner B runs down to the ticket office and does the Station 2 exercises. Run back to relieve Partner A and so on.
Babe Ruth Statue:
- Jump Squats
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Deep Lunges
- Calf Raises
- Catalina Wine Mixer
- 30 LBCs
- 30 Crab Cakes SC
- 30 Superman
- 15 Mahktar Ndiayes
- 15 Cumberland County Viaducts Each Side
- 30 Heels to Heaven
- 15 American Hammers Each Side
Mosey back to Grace UMC for a real short 6MOM.
- 7 Burpees OYO….Amphibious asked for it.
- Low Dollies x 30 IC
- Thanks to Magic for giving YHC the opportunity to Q. YHC was an Arise virgin.
- Great to see Nancy out there. Dude is a stud, pushing through the pain. Sidenote: YHC figures I can say nice things about Nancy here since he won’t ever read this backblast.
- Slum Lord…my man wore a weight vest. Really enough said there. Next time I’m being mugged in a back alley (less frequent as I’ve really toned down the clubbing of late), YHC is calling this guy.
- Cavity killed this workout. YHC thought it might be a good one; however, Cavity looked like he was sipping a latte while reading the newspaper and doing one handed burpees. You should have been there. Epic stuff.
- My partner Hackman also killed it today. My partner was better than your partner. Just saying.
- Lynda and Cornhole were chatty cathys this morning. YHC felt like it was good bonding time for them. Who knew you could carry on eloquent conversation while doing jump squats?
- Don’t Cha Know took the title of War Daddy this morning and he made all those young bucks look like they were running in sand. 53 is the new 33.
- Amphibious sort of complimented YHC on his Carolina Dry Dock form this morning. The sweat on YHC’s face was actually tears of joy #makedaddyproud. Seriously, this guy’s spirit is infectious. Never seen anybody so damn happy at 530 AM, but YHC is glad he chose Arise this morning.
- Final shoutout to War Eagle. He didn’t post because he was busy working his tail off cooking breakfast for all of the folks coming to Grace this morning. #HIM
- Raising money for Judy’s Chair next Wednesday at Gate City Growlers. Come drink a frosty beverage with your brothers and raise some money for a great cause.
- F3 Prom, Dec 10. Sign up now. JLove rumored to still be looking for a date.
- Need pax to support meals for the WE Shelter. More details to come.
Slum Lord took us out.
And then we put up some tables and chairs in a record 4:07. Look, YHC knows life is busy. But you can make a difference every Tuesday in 4-5 minutes. Great service opportunity.
Always an honor,
PAX: Amphibious, Cavity, Don’t Cha Know, Hackman, Cornhole, Magic, Nancy, Slum Lord, Lynda, Beaver