When an IR’d CHiPs says, “Jump!” YHC shouts, “Aye!” and, as it turned out, so does Matlock and a PAX of 34. It was prop day at Cornwallis’s Nightmare as YHC put out the call on the Twittersphere to BYOB. In this case, that 2nd “B” stood for Bike”. #MumbleChatter
Low & behold, the PAX answered the call and we had enough Bikes to go around for the first installment of the BYOB Relay. It went down like this:
Mosey from the #ShovelFlag to the gate alongside the bikes. Looked like a bunch of fools that didn’t understand how bikes work. Circle up for the:
Warm-a-Rama (Matlock on the Q)
Burpee Circle throughout
Count off in teams of 4 (size doesn’t matter). The Lesson Plan:
Partner #1 stays at the intersection/shelter
Partner #2 1/2 mile mosey (counterclockwise) to the lakeside playground parking lot
Partner #3 1/2 mile mosey (clockwise) to the highpoint of the lake
Partner #4 1 full loop around the lake on the bike to buy time for the runners to get to stations
*after the first lap, the bike rider hands off the bike and relieves at station #1. The New rider rides to station #2 and relieves. So on and so forth…
This all looked good on paper.
Then, we wandered off into the gloom for:
The Thang (Tommy Boy on the Q)
Station 1 :: Tabata Be Kidding Me
30 seconds @ 100% effort, 15 seconds of rest
180° Squat Jumps
Station #2 :: Planksgiving & Sprints
60 sec. Plank
60 sec. Wall Sit
60 sec. Elbow Plank
60 sec. Balls to the Wall
*after each exercise, run a lap up and around the parking lot
Station #3 :: Countdown Beatdown
80 Mt. Climbers
60 Freddy Mercurys
50 Low Slow Flutters
40 Calf Raises
30 WWII Sit-ups
Omaha and regroup at the Shovel Flag for:
6MOM (Matlock on the Q)
While the PAX moseyed in from all corners of the AO, Matlock led a session of Planksgiving variations and Plyometric Strength Poses. Then into:
Xs & Os
1. Planksgiving on Turkey Day in Summerfield (convergence of The Murph & Sweat Angel) from 0600-0700
2. Check the Service Backblast for the details on the Grace Community Service Meals; sign up.
3. Judy’s Chair fundraiser event- 12/7 @ Gate City Growlers w/ very special guest, Judy!
4. Blood Drive 1/8 @ Cycles de Oro
5. The F3 Natville Gear Portal is open. Go HERE to order ASAP. We need 12 of each screen (white or gold) in order to complete a printing run. Get busy; the portal ends NEXT Sunday!
6. F3 Prom- 12/10 @ The Elks Lodge $30/person
7. Jungle Bell Run- 12/3 in Raleigh. Sign up and/or support Kate’s Caped Crusaders (Wojo’s 2.) HERE. every $ counts for this important cause!
8. Wizard of Oz (featuring several F3 PAX & 2.0s)- Sat. 2PM & 7PM; Sun. 2PM @ Carolina Theatre. Tix available HERE
9. Special 3rd F- Open discussion led by Wicked & Hush Puppy on the Adam Brown story, “Fearless” this Sunday @ 7PM; 5500 Old Brandt Trace. These leadership principles are as old as time and worth the study.
#TClaps to the PAX for allowing YHC to try something completely new today. Sure, it was a bit rough at first, but the opportunity to push ourselves in new ways is, ultimately, never a bad thing. YHC appreciates you trusting him with your #DRP.
#TClaps to Matlock for double dipping; 0600 Ruck + 0700 Co-Q. Aye!
NOTE: although entertaining, the official video for Queen’s, “Bicycle” is most certainly NSFW.
YHC took us out.
Always an honor and a joy to serve you guys in the gloom,
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.