9 PAX joined Local Honey and YHC on a cool fall morning for a beatdown on the Southside of downtown. After gather, we moseyed south on Commerce Place (turned into John Wesley Way), crossed Market St and then south on Greene St.
We arrived at the McCools Public House parking lot where we conducted an active warm-up (Local Honey style):
- Down: Accelerate to 50%, coast
- Back: Accelerate to 65%, coast
- Down/back: Side Shuffle
- Down/back: Karaoke
- Down/back: accelerate to 75%, coast
- Down: Sumo (stretching) squats)
- Back: Walking/stretching lunges
- Down/back: accelerate to 100%
After the warm-up, we moseyed to the W. McGee St / S Greene St round-a-bout to meet with General Nathanael Greene (or his statue) who our wonderful city is named after.
In partners, one PAX executed the exercise listed below, while PAX #2 ran around the McGee St / Elm St / Smothers Pl block, executing 5 merkins at the 3 corners (total of 15 per round). PAX #2 returned and relieved PAX #1 completing the same exercise, while PAX #2 ventured off onto his run.
1. Side straddle (SS) squats
- Side Straddle Squats: With hands in a “goblin” position and standing straight up and down, the PAX jumps out into a squatting position, squats down then up, and jumps back into the starting position.
2. Peter Perkins
- Peter Perkins: While going down on a standard merkin, the PAX touches the knee to the same side elbow, then switches to the other knee/elbow on the next repetition.
4. Boy Bands
- Boy Band (180 Side straddle Squat / Lunges): The Pax executes a Side straddle squat, when returning to the starting position, turns right and goes directly into a lunge, returns to the forward starting position, executes a Side straddle Squat, then does the same thing to the left side, finally returning to the forward facing position in the starting position, counting 4 total repetitions.
5. Carolina Drydocks
6. Crab Cakes
7. Bird-dog (alt ea side)
Most PAX completed 6 rotations with some beginning their 7th before time was called.
- 20 LBCs
- 20 Flutter kicks
- 20 Hello Dollies
- 25 American Hammers
- October 22: Cluck and Squeal block party benefiting Backpack Beginnings. Details on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cluckandsquealootgp/
COT: Wide Left
Always an honor men.
Aye – Wide Left
QIC: Wide Left
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.