Nine of Natville’s finest were not afraid of a little weather and showed up to get better this morning at Lunatic Fringe. After a record 30 at LF last week, it seems clear that many PAX members prefer the comfort of the #fartsack to the wet & rainy gloom. Don’t worry – no one melted and the PAX were ready and accepting of today’s B.O.M.B.S. workout. Just as a clarification – B.O.M.B.S. refers to big ‘ole metal balls. And while we only had one official kettle bell at the workout today, the dumbells worked just fine!
With a veteran PAX this morning, a quick disclaimer was given and we got to work.
A mosey around the parking area served as today’s WARM-O-RAMA, as there was not a minute to spare!
10 B.O.M.B.S (Rd. 1 – 12 reps, Rd. 2 – 10 reps, Rd. 3 – 9 reps, Rd. 4 – 8 reps)
- Goblet Squats
- Sumo Wojo Squats
- Lunges (each leg)
- Standing Shoulder Press
- Figure 8’s
- Clean & Press
- KB/DB Swings
- Bicep Curls
- LBC’s w/ KB/DB – IC
- After Rd. 1: Slow mosey around parking lot and back to COP (Circle of Pain).
- After Rd. 2: 50% effort around parking lot and back to COP.
- After Rd. 3: Sprints (recovery jog down straightaway to dumpsters; sprint back to COP).
Immediately following Round 4 LBCs:
- Low Flutter X 20 IC (hold it)
- Low Dolly X 20 IC
- American Hammer X 20 IC
YHC closed us out – making special mention of the folks on the Florida, Georgia and Carolina coasts in the path of Hurricane Matthew.
- Great work today men! With our number today, I am glad we were able to share the rep counts in the COP. Thanks for playing along! Schnitzel, man that was some German style quick count on the round one shoulder press – I think we need to check your weights!
- Tunes provided by Pandora & the Van Halen channel and delivered courtesy of BOSE Bluetooth technology. Happy everything actually worked today!
- TClaps to Flapjack for delivering the weights this morning. Your truck looks good in LOW RIDER mode. There’s a song that goes with that and would make for great entry music next time…
- Everyone pushed hard this morning to both finish all four B.O.M.B.S rounds and to stretch the legs during the run sections. #get better!
- Coffeeteria immediately following at Green Joe’s…yes, the Yeti-less coffeeteria (and in keeping with tradition he did not show). Enjoyed post workout fellowship with Pamela, Bodett, Boone’s Farm & Schnitzel. Thanks for buying today Boone’s Farm!
- 3rd F today also immediately following workout at 6:30 am – Panera Lawndale – Jitterbug Q.
- 2nd F lunch today at noonish, Moe’s on Battleground Ave. Bodett has the Q. Come join if you can – remember 2nd F is the glue of F3!
- Miles for Matthew is on and it is not too late – make donation and or sign up to run 5K or 10K! https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Greensboro/MilesforMatthew
- Everest on the Q tomorrow at Cougar Town (#MeowMeow) at 6:30 am – he promises a great warm up for Miles for Matthew; Tommy Boy Q at Rainbow Dash (7 am); Cummings Q at Inside Voices (6 am); Beaver Q at Cornwallis’ Nightmare (7 am)
- Boone’s Farm needs Q volunteers for Lunatic Fringe beginning next week. Sign up or he will sign you up!
- Buddy Walk rescheduled for Sunday from 1 – 4:30 pm, with the walk @ 3:30. Come on out! http://dsngg.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=503
- Week 2 of High Point launch is on for Saturday, 7 am launch at HPAC Miracle League Field
Parking Lot, 2917 School Park Road, HP, NC 27265. STARFISH has the Q! https://www.google.com/maps/place/Miracle+League+of+High+Pointfirstname.lastname@example.org,-80.0317902,950m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x885308bfb82f3695:0xdcfaa3c20e976188!8m2!3d36.001206!4d-80.0296015
Boone’s Farm, thanks for the opportunity to lead this morning. It is always an honor and a pleasure!