It was what we have all been waiting for, maybe #Fenceliners above all others. A clear, 60º dark morning in which to exercise our bodies and fellowship with our brothers. As YHC finished setting up the course, and to plant the shovel flag, he noticed an encouraging number of Pax circling up ready to get it on.
16 Pax gathered, 0 FNGs but a #fenceline newcomer in Crawlspace was present, Intros aside we headed off into the dark gloom. To the soccer field we go for the W.A.R.
Along the goal line of the soccer field, pax lined up to do some active warm-up. All were done the length of the soccer field.
- A-skips – stretch – A-skips
- High Knees – stretch – High Knees
- Butt Kicks – stretch – Butt Kicks
- Lateral Shuffle – stretch – Lateral Shuffle
- Carioca – stretch – Carioca
Okay – this was a little warm-a-ramaish and frankly ate up too much time. Would later realize that was a good thing. Pax counted off to 9 – why? 1 pax per position on the baseball field. All pax would sprint (at their own pace) to their assigned position, perform the announced exercise and return to home plate for the next assignment. Each time adding +1 to their current number.
- SSH x 20 IC
- Plank Jacks x 15 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 15 IC
- Sun Gods x 10 IC Forward – Moroccan Night Clubs x 7 IC- Sun Gods x 10 Reverse IC
- Windmills x 20 IC (Led by Spike)
- String Rippers x 10 IC
- Copperhead Squats x 15 IC – OMAHA
Imperial Walkers Peter Parkers
Pax gathered and moseyed down to the intersection of Country Club & Sunset for further instruction. Pax then partnered up and grabbed a resistance band. 1 per group.
Partner A – run Sunset, take a right onto Pembroke (conquer the hill), right onto Huntington, right onto Sunset and relieve his partner. . . . all while doing 10 merkins at each intersection
Partner B – 5 exercises with the resistance band AMRAP style
Bicep Curls, Shoulder Press, Squat, Overhead Tricep
Each group made it through 1 cycle. When finished, pax grabbed a band per man and headed for the basketball court. They were instructed to clip into the fence just below the knee.
#BurpeeBall – Single, Single/Double, Double, Double/Double, Triple, Double, Single, 5 merkins, 4 merkins, 3 merkins, 2 merkins, 1 merkin
With Resistance Band
- LBC x 20 IC
- LBC x 20 IC legs flat
- LBC x 20 IC legs elevated – straight
- Copperhead LBC x 15 IC
- Intermediate Crunch x 15 SC
- WWII Sit-up x 15 SC
- Homer-to-Marge x 15 SC
- Reverse Crunch x 15 SC
- Marge-to-Heaven x 15 SC
- Props to Spike (and Buck). What a leader he is becoming #HIM He led an exercise, calling cadence. He asked/volunteered to the Q to run and help grab props. He has a fixed seat at 3rd F following his Tuesday workout
- Welcome to Crawl Space for trying a new Tuesday workout. Great having you out there.
- TPS gave his best J-love impersonation today, at least in being half-way to his position before we broke huddle. I assume he did all of his reps though. And, NO, TPS, YHC is not trying to run you off back to Shake Weight. We actually ran a .25/.5 miles less than normal
- T-claps to Sacked for letting the #natville pax feel what it was like to break a huddle with a real-life QB star
- Props to Hoser – a real life star serving our Greensboro Fire Department. Always impressed how he gets after it. Most of us are exercising, he is exercising in addition to Department regimented exercise and it actually benefits everyone in the community when they are in need.
- Miles for Matthew this Saturday
- 2 year Anniversary (workout) – October 22nd Jaycee Park – info to follow
- 3rd F following – Tuesdays at Search Office – studying book of John. Currently in the Anecdotes for a Troubled Heart section Ch 14-17.
- Condolences – #Natville #F3 lost a brother last weekend. Hoge Ronemus passed away suffering from Mental Illness/Depression. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
- Prayers/Praises/Congratulations for Gilligan and his family on the birth of his 2.0. Continued blessings for them and hopefully we don’t lose Gilligan in the gloom for too long.
Blessings to all, thanks for allowing me to lead
~ Big Mitt
PAX: Big Mitt
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.