As Everest so eloquently put on Twitter late Monday night…”It’s raining so it must be time for #Fenceline.” Although, Everest didn’t join us on this adventure, he’s been there in the wet gloom many times before. However, a dozen men made it for the gap in “weather” to get some exercise in. I thought when Man-eater said “See you Tuesday” and added some music requests that equaled a HC. Nonetheless, the pax gathered around the shovel flag and jammed to Nelly Furtado – Man-eater in his absence.
0 FNGs present, we moseyed off, tunes in tow. A brief mosey landed us on the basketball court for the W.A.R. And at some point J-Love graced us with his presence. He doesn’t really need a warm-up anyways.
- SSH x 15 IC
- varying 6 inches and regular
- Windmills x 15 IC
- String Ripper x 15 IC
- varying 6 inches and regular
At the conclusion of W.A.R. pax were instructed to partner up and grab a resistance band per group. Pax then moseyed through the school to Sunset Drive and ended up at the intersection of Sunset, Country Club, and Hamilton.
4 way run – Sunset (uphill) Hamilton (flat-ish) Country Club (uphill) Sunset (flat) Runs varied from 75-150 yards. 1 Burpee was done at the midpoint. Each leg was run twice by each pax. Partner A relieved Partner B (depending on your point of view)
Partner A – ran 1 of the 4 legs
Partner B – Posted Resistance Band Exercises
- Bicep Curl
- Upright Row
- Shoulder Press
- Overhead Tricep Press
- Front/Lateral Raise
- Miscellaneous – Back Row/Chest Press/Merkins
Once all of the exercises and runs were completed by each partner, pax were dismissed to the upper school area for some more work. Pax sure were eager to leave…somehow JR and YHC were the 6 (can’t be true)
Arrived at the upper school right at 6am, nice work!!! Pax were instructed to not do more than 20% of target goal in 1 set #mixitup
1 pole climb
- 10 pull-ups
- 20 Man- Dips
- 30 Wall Balls
- 100 Merkins
- 200 SSH
- 300 Squats
- 200 Dips
- 100 Step Ups
- 30 Box Jumps
- 20 Burpees
- 10 Pull-ups
1 Pole Climb 15 second Combat Rope 30 second Jump Rope
Omaha called at 6:08 and pax headed to the basketball court and took to the circle, assured that some form of Burpee Ball was coming. Not this week…we went immediately into an aggressive Mary.
- Upright Knees to Chest x 15 IC
- Flat Knees to Chest x 15 IC
- Copperhead LBCs x 15 IC
- Intermediate Crunch x 15 IC
- WWII Sit-ups x 15 SC
- Low Dolly’s x 15 IC
- Homer-to-Marge x 15 SC
- Reverse Crunch x 15 SC
- Marge-To-Heaven x 15 SC
- T-Claps for J-Love coming in hot. It’s always easier to #fartsack esp when it’s raining. Supporting each other is what leadership is about
- T-Claps to all pax who posted as the forecast changed by the hour and didn’t look good when the head hit the hay
- Pamela continues to be a sleeper amongst the pax. Not just in fitness but across all the Fs. #inspiration
- JR sets a high standard Rucking to the 1st F, to 3rd F and home. #beast
- TPS was back at the #Fenceline and as strong as ever
- J-Loves strength cannot be matched or contained (by high strength rubber) #
- Pamela’s praise for his wife’s scan results – came back negative
- Pamela was a true leader taking on that immeasurable challenge in his family’s life with humility and trust.
- 3rd F following at Search. Bird’s Nest did a great job leading us through Chapter 15 of John and what it looks like to prune our life towards the Lord’s will.
- Service opportunity this Saturday. Bird’s Nest oldest son is leading a food drive for Backpack Beginnings. It is a Sports Clinic serving Soccer, Volleyball, and Field Hockey for 3rd -6th graders. 3:30-5:30 pm Greensboro Day School. See the flyer in SlumLord’s email.
Wicked took us out with a profound pearl. Amazing gifts and challenges found in our lives are blessings!
Aye! It can’t be spoken enough what a pleasure and treasure the #natville pax are and this platform bestowed upon us.
~ Big Mitt
PAX: Sir Purr, Pamela, Wicked, ChiPs, JR, Blue Oyster, J Love, Bird’s Nest, TPS, Butt Fumble, Minnie Mouse, Big Mitt (QIC)
QIC: Big Mitt
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.