14 studs gathered at Grace Methodist this morning looking to get better and see if the Q might show this time. YHC is grateful that Magic and Amphibious believe in second chances. 2 alarms were set but not needed. There was so much anxiety about the possibility of accidentally fartsacking another Q, yhc was tossing at 0430 and went ahead and got up and headed to the AO. G&R stretching music was playing and we got started. Tool Man was the first to show and told the Q about having to leave early last time he was at ARISE due to nature calling #Elvis. Could be foreshadowing?
Warm up mosey around the Church.
SSH X 30 IC
Hillbillys X 20 IC
Windmills Slow Cadence X 10
String Rippers ICX 10
Down Dog -10 count Upward Dog – 5 count
Deck of Death – pax circle up and stay in the same spot in the circle throughout the WO. take turns picking a card and then calling the exercise. If a Ace (run a lap w 2 burps) hasn’t been pulled in 5 cards the pax does a “pallet cleanser” and runs a loop around the church.
Cards were as follows X number on card
DECK OF DEATH
DIAMONDS– DIAMOND MERKIN (SC)
CLUBS– LBC’S (IC)
HEARTS– BURPEES (OYO)
SPADES– MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS (IC)
JACKS– 15 COPPER HEAD SQUATS (IC)
QUEENS– 15 CAROLINA DRY DOCKS (IC)
KINGS – 15 WOJO JUMP SQUATS (SC)
ACES– RUN LAP/ 2 BURPEES AT TURN
JOKER– BEAR CRAWL TO CONE/ RUN BACK
at 6:09 we stop for
Freddy Mercs X 20 IC
LSF X 20 IC
X’s and O’s increasing counts on the Xs’ 10,15,20
American Hammers X 15 IC
COT- Nancy took us out in a great prayer
- J-Love announced the Friday Bible study at 12 noon- 12:40 w hard stop. You can follow reading or just show up and jump in the Word with your F3 brothers. This takes place at the Search office on Pembroke Rd across from the Wilson Pack N Post.
- Nancy announced Miles for Matthew run coming up Oct 8th. We have over 20 pax signed up right now. Sept 24th is the last day for guaranteed shirt so go ahead and sign up. This is an awesome family event, I plan on running with my 2.0 again this year.
- Magic told us a little about the set up we were about to do with tables and chairs that would help feed 150-200 hungry people in Greensboro. When we have at least 10 guys doing this like we did it really goes fast. Maybe took 5-6 minutes. Great job Magic and Amphibious getting this going.
- Great to be in a workout and get to hear some of the Nancy mummblechatter again. It has been way to long brother! Its always more fun when you are there poking the bear.
- Great job by all the pax today, some calling cadence for the first time with the deck of death. I see some very strong Q’s in the works. Do Right sounded like Dredd and is ready for action.
- Tool Man took an early leave without a word to any of the Pax. My guess is it may have been a repeat of last Arise post? Elvis has left the building. I may need to get him up with Edgar in Carterico who we sometimes call Edgar One Sock. He stays at the WO but ends up disappearing and coming back with only one sock on.
Leading the pax was an honor, and is a blessing for me always.